PDA

View Full Version : Are tripe sticks high in calories

harleyfarley
27th February 2009, 11:00 AM
not for me (lol) harley loves them, but ive been told no treats, i cant find any info on the net. di

LovesCavaliers
27th February 2009, 03:11 PM
Hi Di

Tripe sticks are supposed to be good for dogs, but I don't know how many calories are in them either.

It may be worth emailing a website that sells them to find out.

I'd be interested to know too.

harleyfarley
27th February 2009, 04:01 PM
well from what i can make out, and some please correct me if im wrong, tripe is 91cals per 100gms, tripe sticks are dried tripe meat, and 100gms in a pack, 10 sticks (average) = 9 cals per stick. (I think)

LovesCavaliers
27th February 2009, 04:09 PM
Murphy loves them and Bully sticks too. That sounds like a low cal snack anyway - I have to give them these when OH is not around, as he can't bear the smell:eek:.

He thought the bully sticks were tripe too. They are a bit smelly, but that's part of the attraction I guess. I just love to see them having a good chew and they are so intent with them aren't they?

harleyfarley
27th February 2009, 04:24 PM
There is another post as well, bully sticks are bulls penis's I cant say ive seen any around, but harley goes mad for tripe sticks, wilkinsons do them, and i tend to stock up when i go there, but the vet said no treats so he hasnt had one for several weeks now. di