• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

And from the Kennel Club...

frecklesmom

Belly Bands - Kennel Club Voices Welfare Concerns

20-Feb-092009-02-20

The Kennel Club is aware that a training device called a ‘Belly Band’ is available in the UK. Belly bands are designed specifically to prevent male dogs doing ‘leg lifting exercises’ and urinating indoors.
However, the Kennel Club has been alerted to the fact that the product has the potential to be mis-used and that some owners are strapping Belly Bands to their dog unnecessarily tightly in order to prevent their dog from requiring to go to the toilet on long car journeys. The same principle is also being applied by owners of entire dogs to stop them from mating.
Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club spokesperson, said: “The Kennel Club is very concerned to hear of the existence of Belly Bands, and particularly that they are being used in this way. To prevent a dog from being able to urinate is completely inhumane and contravenes an owner’s duty of care under the Animal Welfare Act. The Kennel Club does not advocate the use of Belly Bands for toilet training purposes, especially as there are a variety of alternatives available which do not pose any welfare threat to the dog.”

OMG................

Have the Kennel Club really not got more important issues to worry about.

Puppy Farms and the misery they cause to dogs and their puppies is OK,but GOD help the cruel Belly- Band !!!!!!

I imagine that people could misuse them, but I have been thinking of getting a couple myself. Bandit has a tendency to lift his leg upstairs (but is completely housebroken downstairs) and I thought they might come in handy when we go up there to prevent harm if he is able to sneak in a quick hike. I can't imagine that being cruel or harmful to his welfare in any way!

Have the Kennel Club really not got more important issues to worry about. Puppy Farms and the misery they cause to dogs and their puppies is OK,but GOD help the cruel Belly- Band !!!!!!

I think the Kennel Club is able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Back