• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

my two akitas

sarahso

thought i would show off my two!

Thor is two years old & was rescued as a pup by a breeder that couldnt sell the litter, he was nearly 5 months old when we adopted him.
He is a gorgeous big lad who loves to play! very obediant - for an akita - mostly:D he has helped us to foster other dogs and especially likes puppies! probably because he is a big daft pup himself!

Bear.jpg

and this is Freya, Freya was rescued from a puppy farm back in July and came to me on foster, she decided that she wasnt going to let me go & we adopted her in December. he has been through so much and has been obviously badly treated, but it has been fantastic to watch her grow and come out of her shell, she is a lot shyer than Thor; and is such a good girl!

Freyabench.jpg

They are adorable. Akitas are beautiful dogs.
My cavaliers' breeder also has a rescue Akita and he is a big baby! I have a picture of him with a birthday hat on from my most recent visit to her house where we celebrated her son's birthday. He walked around unfazed by the hat the whole time.

Thanks for all your nice comments!

They are fantastic, and so adorable both having completely different personalities! they have their moments - well Thor does! :p Freya is a little sweetie!
It amazes me the difference in them both, Thor being with us from a pup has never known any fear, whilst Freya on the other hand has been through so much, its heartbreaking & you can see the sadness & pain she has been through in her eyes, but i am so so proud of her:)

They both go to regular training classes, they love it - and so do i so much so that i am going to be doing a part time dog psychology with my dog trainer as mentor! she is brilliant!

Just wish some of the cavy rescues could see how soft and loving they are! im not having much luck with my applications!

Back