• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

need help

ellie and charlie

hi not been on for a while,can any one help.my two babies have got to go through divorce and accomdation problems. where should i start this is breaking my heart.frightend to advertise them incase they get a bad home or not looked after aswell as i have last 4 years.what is your advice :(:cry*ing:

Hi
I'm so sorry to hear that you have to part with your babies. I have been in this situation myself a very long time ago and I do know how heartbreaking it is. Is there no-one who could foster them for you until you get settled ?? If the only solution is to find them new homes then the best thing to do is to contact the Northern CKCS Club's rescue. I am sure they would be happy to help you. Contact Mrs L Gillespy Tel : 0191 3711523. Maybe you could PM their details to me as I do get enquiries for older dogs from time to time.
Best of luck.

im so sorry to hear youre in this situation how awful, i do hope you can get something sorted out that is the best for you & your 2. i read an article in dogs today mag recently about the best way to get rented accom with pets...i'll just go find it..ok its in oct 08 issue. 2 pages on this with advise like offer a larger deposit upfront, offer to pay for a professional clean at the end of your stay, get landlord to meet your dogs to see how good they are 1st, show your dog is always treated for fleas etc i hope im allowed to repeat what the mag says here?! theres a few more but you get the gist, good luck

rubys mom

hi i live in doncaster i could possibly help im looking for a companion for my ruby do you want them to go together or are they ok apart let me know maybe i could help with looking after them for you if you need some time to get sorted :)

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Please don;t advertise your dogs as breed rescue will help place them safely and ideally may be able to keep them together too. :) I would suggest PMing Nicki the board moderator or Misty first about rescue before contacting club rescue. (y) Both are involved with the Spaniel Trust based in Scotland and they will almost certainly be able to help. Do not advertise to rehome and please have both neutered if you haven't done this yet.

I am really sorry you are having to go thru this. If you truly feel that your only option is to rehome your dogs permanently, then breed rescue, as Karlin said, is the best way to insure that they are safely rehomed and altered first.
But, if you feel right now like your world is upside down and that your difficulty will be temporary, I'd encourage you to try to hang onto your babies. If you have to stay somewhere that you can't keep your pets with you for a time, I'd recommend taking someone up on their offer to temporarily keep your dogs for you.
I have been in your situation when my 13 year marriage ended suddenly and unexpectedly when my ex left me for a woman half his age and I was trying to figure out where my life was headed. My world felt completely upside down. I didn't have my cavaliers at that time, but did have dogs (and thankfully still do!). While I felt like I would be forced to let go of everything, (except my kids, of course) I heeded the advice of some people who'd "been there" too, when they warned me not to make any drastic changes during the rough period surrounding the divorce when it would be hard to think clearly. Thankfully, I didn't, and now I am glad. It worked out so much better, and I hung onto my dogs and avoided making any big purchases, etc.
What you are experiencing is a huge upheaval and will require many involuntary changes, so I'd just advise not changing anything you absolutely don't HAVE to until you have had a chance to put some distance between yourself and these hard times. They are gut wrenching enough without losing any more than you are already losing.
It does get better!
:hug:

Last edited:
Id agree with the above, take some time to see how thing settle, what you think will happen may not be quite as bad as you imagine, id ask someone to help you out temporarily and see how the land lies, if after a while the person can no longer have them, or there is no way you can look after them in the forseeable future, then at least youve tried, and you can see just how much youll miss them, one thing is for sure once youve rehomed them you cant get them back.

Back