PDA

View Full Version : Snapping in mid air

tilly
2nd March 2009, 10:41 PM
Hi,

I did not know where to post this so if I have done it wrong I apologise.
Just a quick question, I'd seen Tilly do the most strange thing tonight. For about 60 secs or so Tilly stated to snap in the air, I thought at first she had something stuck in the side of her mouth but nothing there after checking but she continued to snap. This is the first time I have seen her do this. Has anyone come across this? Is is just one of these Cavalier traits? !!!!
Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sam

Aileen
2nd March 2009, 11:32 PM
How old is she ?
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

tilly
3rd March 2009, 12:16 AM
Hi Aileen,

She is 5 and half months old now. I just found it strange she has never done that before.

Pat
3rd March 2009, 01:35 AM
Could be fly catchers. At this point, best thing to do is just to watch and keep a diary. If it starts happening more often, try to video an episode.

Pat

http://www.cavalierhealth.org/flycatchers.htm

Nicki
3rd March 2009, 05:31 PM
HI Sam - it's always worth posting about something like this, as people often have experience of "odd" behaviours, and it also helps new people...

Fly catchers does occur with Cavaliers, sometimes together with Syringomyelia, sometimes with epilepsy - another common Cavalier problem :(

They are also prone to obsessive compulsive behaviours, so it may be a manifestation of something like this.

It is well worth keeping a record of when these behaviours occur, time of day, length of time, whether anything in particular triggered it - eg turning on lights {any form of stimulus}

Will e-mail you in a bit, just about to feed everyone and then plan to catch up :thmbsup: