• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Serious help please.

Ciren

i am going to ask my trainer when i see her next, but i thought i would ask her first.

Now i have been able to let Peaches run free she is rolling everytime we go out. now i don't mind bathing her everytime but it does mean in the cold weather i darent take her out again.

ANY suggestions?

When she rolls, where is the dirt mainly? Maddie tends to go into yucky stuff shoulder first. If she's in her doggie jumper (which in cold weather also helps keep her warm) the muck goes on the jumper, which can be washed afterwards. If she gets any on her head and ears I just sponge this off.

I guess I'm saying, get her a jumper. It's easier to wash and will also keep her warm.(y)

In summer I tend to bath her more anyway because of her allergies, and because it's warmer I don't mind bathing her, if that makes sense. Also she doesn't have the greatest summer coat, so takes no time at all to dry. cavtiny

Rolling is a pain!!!! The only thing that works for me (and only sometimes) is keeping a very close eye on her so I notice when she is about to roll before she makes contact. I tell her to stop immediately and if she's on leash pull her up. If it's a reasonably clean grassy area and not filthy I'll let her go as she's never been trained out of it and she enjoys it so much. From posts here I think it may not be possible. But she does listen and stop before she rolls if you can time the command properly.

Jen and Ilsa

I hardly ever bath my Cavaliers, and they look quite respectable - even Blenheim Aled. If they come in filthy, they get a quick rub down with a towel (and I shut the bedroom door, so no paw marks on my patchwork quilt!); then the next day when the mud is dry it brushes out easily. Yes, it falls off in their beds (but they can be shaken) and on the carpet (but you probably have to get the dog hairs off that regularly anyway), but my two adore their long walks off-lead and I don't have time to be bathing them very often - and it really isn't good for their coats.

If the little dears roll in something horrible (Oliver likes fox poo, dead fish, and rotting grass clippings!), I get as much as possible off immediately by pulling up handfuls of grass and rubbing it over the mess (I don't have a car and going on the bus with a stinking dog can be embarassing!). Then when I get home I rinse the messy bit and towel it dry. Tomato ketchup helps get rid of the smell of fox poo. I have a foam shampoo spray which is good for getting grass stains off Aled's white feet. And they love being cuddled on their backs while I brush the mud off their tummies...

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who are going to Discover Dogs tomorrow well-brushed but unwashed)

i'm thinking going for a jumper might be good, or making it so when she rolls the velcro doesnt come unstuck and she loses her coat.

i REALLY doubt i will ever get her to stop as its obvious she enjoy's it and apart from physically stopping her nothing works.

Yes, what is it exactly about Cavaliers and their voracious love of smelly things? I have never had dogs that truly revel in all things that reek! It is almost like they go crazy when they pick up a stink trail and then do happy back flips and undulating gestures of joy while writhing in their newly found treasure trove of nastiness.:*nana: It could be, oh, I don't know, a festering dead something or other, rotting grass, or any other "USM" (unidentified stinky mess.):grnyuk:

I sent my husband for dry dog food yesterday, and he picked up a new flavor. Wellness Core Salmon. You could tell it was fishy fish when the bag was opened. Dottie was so excited, she nosed some of it out of her bowl and happily rolled all over it. Great, now she has fish coat and fish breath. Good thing God made these little stinkers as cute as they are. Sheesh!!! :rolleyes:

I can sooooo relate to all that has been said. Kirra has an equal delightful in all things - from another dimension :eek:

I wonder if we shall be ever so excited when receive our bank statements :eek:

Back