View Full Version : Should I phone neurologist?

6th March 2009, 02:01 PM
Star has been fine on her gabapentin since she was diagnosed iwth SM last year but today she has yelped twice. The first time I was stood next to her and didn't tread on her unless she thought i was about to. The 2nd time I was out of the room and didn't see her but she was burying a bonio behind a cushion when I left so maybe she was trying to get it back. It's so difficult sometimes to decipher her yelps.

I'm not sure whether to phone or wait and see if it happens again. She doesn't often yelp because of it, think the last time was about 2 months ago.

Also am thinking about changing neurologist because when I was asked to phone to let htem know how Star was doing I phoned 3-4 times and the girl that dealt with Star never phoned back. I also phoned to speak about the dosage she was on and had to ask for a senior memeber coz again the girl never called me. So really I don't have much faith in them but if I go to another neuroloigst will they want to do another MRI or go by the one I already have?

Star's fine otherwise... she's a very happy, mischevious little girl and I think I am worrying moreso now coz of pregnancy hormones too.

Love my Cavaliers
6th March 2009, 02:10 PM
You should be able to get a copy of the MRI on disc and then bring it to a new neurologist. I have done that twice with Riley's MRI and both neurologists were fine looking at her original MRI on the disc. Neither of them ever suggested repeating it.

6th March 2009, 03:03 PM
I have a paper copy that I just photocopied and gave to another neurologist. It shouldn't be a problem if it was a fairly recent MRI.

Jen and Ilsa