PDA

View Full Version : New To Site

mlhirsch
7th March 2009, 03:24 PM
Hi! I am very excited to be a part of this site! I have two senior cavaliers, both were show dogs that were no longer showing. Our Tri, Polka, is 13 1/2 and our Bleniem, Colleen, is 9 1/2. We have had Polka since she was one. We were blessed with Colleen 2 years ago. They both have mumurs. Polka has had hers since she was young, but it hasn't really gotten worse. Colleen, I am very concerned about! She is a grade 4. We are about to do all of the xrays and ultrasounds to see where she stands. She isn't showing any signs of distress, luckily. It is hard having 2 senior dogs. I adore them both!! I think this website is going to be very valuable to helping me through this with Colleen and what is to come with Polka. I will post pictures later. Polka usually runs from the camera. So we shall see how that goes! - Megan

Brian M
7th March 2009, 05:30 PM
Hello mlhirsch

Best Wishes to you :) and Polka and Colleen and most wellcome ,your cavs both sound beautiful ex show ladies can we have some pics pls.:)

pippa
7th March 2009, 06:23 PM
Hi and welcome all...looking forward to pics of Polka and Colleen:)

jasperpaw
8th March 2009, 11:12 AM
Welcome to you and dogs - I also have a cavalier who will be 9 this month - he also has a grade 4 murmur and has in the last 5 weeks had an xray and been put on heart tablets for life and temporarily on water tablets , he had started to cough recently - the vet is very pleased with him and at the moment is seeing him regularly and says his heart is much better.

harrysmum
8th March 2009, 11:17 AM
Hi there & nice to meet you & your girls. Look forward to the pics! :)

harleyfarley
8th March 2009, 11:33 AM
hi, welcome to the site, looking forward to some pics of your lovely ladies, a shame they have heart murmurs it does seem common in eldily cavs.