• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scarlett attacked..

Katelyn

just to let everyone know that scarletts fine now before I tell my story!my hands are still shaking i've never gotten such a fright..I brought her on a really long walk down to my friends house as I had to pick some stuff up. She has a female jack russell cross,shes quite big for a jack russell and very butch looking! I didnt want to put scarlett outside with the other dog coz I wasnt sure if they'd get on,my friends dog (ruby) has been known to be a bit mad. I put her in the utility room with some water as her paws were all muddy while I got my stuff and just as I was about to leave and her put her lead back on my friend opened the back door to get something (she said afterwards she wasnt thinking) and ruby shot straight in like a bullet and went for scarlett. It was horrible ruby was growling and snapping and on top of scarlett and scarlett was crying lilke a baby I was trying to pull her out of the way so I could get ruby off her and pick her up then scarlett yelped really really loudly and I thought she'd been really hurt so I managed to push Ruby out of the way and pick scarlett up but as I was picking her up she grabbed at her again! We managed to wrestle her out the door without getting bitten and Scarlett was a bit traumatised but she seemed fine when we gave her a biscuit. ive been watching her carefully all evening and she seems perfectly normal. Bare in mind this all happened in about ten seconds so there ws no chance to go and get water to throw at her or anything! sorry for the long post im so traumatised I had to let it all out!:shock:

Ah thats terrible. Im sure scarlett will be fine. I think its more shocking for the mammy than the dog :(.

What a dreadful experience - hope Scarlett and you will soon feel more settled, glad she seems to be alright.

Sorry you both had such a scary experience! And glad Scarlett sounds OK. I'd not bring your dogs to that house at all -- that is too risky. She could easily have been killed. Some dogs are especially defensive on their home territory -- maybe the JRT would be better out on a walk on a lead, but I would never risk bringing a dog into that house again.

HI

So glad shes fine but I have to say scarlett is so much more important then your friend ,pls stay a way
.:)

oh my gosh, how scary and how fortunate it sounds like you were able to protect her. I have had something like that happen before, and I thought my dog had escaped unscathed, but realized a couple days later that he had two puncture wounds on the back of his neck that did require veterinary care (they'd gotten infected). I'd missed seeing them even though I'd searched him all over. He was a white dog, and I never even saw blood, but I noticed the hair staining a few days later since the punctures had gotten infected and were draining. A round of antibiotics, and some wound care and he was fine, but just take the time to thoroughly look her over for punctures just in case.
so glad she seems fine, though.

Yes, good advice there. Same happened to my sisters dog who got bitten on her lip. It was missed on first inspection. Sorry this must have really shaken you both. :hug:

I'm sorry you had to go through that experience. :flwr: You might want to consider taking her to the vet for a close examination just in case she was bitten, because she did cry out which could have been a bite. Puncture wounds don't bleed, but they do get infected.

Our girl Chocolate was attacked by a labrador retriever down the street, and we took her in for a vet exam. We believe her Puppia harness protected her skin, because Colin was certain she had been bitten by the lab, but there were no puncture wounds.

(PS I'm furious because I saw that same dog loose again on Saturday, and the police told the owners to keep their dog on a lead, tied up, or behind a fence!:mad:)

So sorry you had to have this happen...Good advice given so far,I would just get a vet check can't do any harm. Glad she didn't suffer any major injuries.

thanks for everyone's support! I will definitely not be bringing her anywhere near that house again!..ever! I brought her up to see my grandad today, who's a vet, and he said she seemed fine that the dog just caught her a bit on her back leg but didn't do any serious damage..I've been so overprotective of her since it happened!

I'm so sorry that happened to you and Scarlett but I'm glad she's ok now. Our Cassie was attacked twice (on seperate occasions) by a JRT - both times the dog was on a leash. It is a very scary experience but I hope you'll be ok :lotsaluv:

Back