• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliertalk walk.......

We could do Sunday, have to go to a Christening on Saturday. If Sunday suits others say when and where :p

Where are you guys thinking of? If I can convince OH to come along we can bring our lot.

:)Great, sounds like Sun morning is good for everyone, was thinking perhaps Dun a Ri again, or a beach walk maybe, Bettystown or Portmarnock beach, tide should be full out next sun morning, lots of room for doggies to run around, what do ye think??

Last edited:
My vote would be for Portmarnock because its nearest to me ;). There is also penty of parking and its a nice walk.

Either would suit us just not toooo early, it is Sunday morning after all, not that it matters when we have a 2 year old bouncing on us from 7am :rolleyes:
Must check wunderground for the weather forecast as well. Fingers crossed it will be nice

Wish I could go, have to work:confused:
Maybe next time, I bet Holly would adore a nice walk on the beach with loads of new cav buddies! Are these walks a regular thing? I've been thinking about how I could organise some doggie activities for her as she just goes mad to play with every dog we meet on walks. Would be lovely to meet eyeryone too!:p

Id love to go but my Charlie has been sick and still on anti biotics so we dont want to risk it.

Maybe next time we could go to ardgillan, there is a lovely big field at the back and we can let the off the lead .... can you imagine, would be like an army of cavs!! Ahhhhh so cute.

BTW does Portmarnock officially allow dogs during the daytime or is it a case that they aren;t allowed but the rule is generally ignored? It would be nice to get a list of the beaches where it is OK to bring dogs or the times this is allowed. In winter it is hard to go anywhere in the immediate Dublin area for beaches as they are close to dogs except in the early morning or late evening -- and it is dark/cold then! The CCs don;t seem to enforce the rules much though...?

I dont know what the rules are but it would be good to know. There were loads of dogs there today. At the entrance to the beach there were container things mounted on poles that contained poop scoops and bags which would indicate they wre dog friendly though.....?

Dogs are allowed on North County beaches at : Portmarnock, Malahide and Donabate at all times from September through until May, and there are no restrictions. During the months of June, July and August, there are restrictions, and dogs are not allowed on these beaches during the hours between 11am until 6pm. :paw:

Last edited:
Just wanted to say we had a great time yesterday - thanks for organising it Amanda. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, I brought my camera but forgot the memory card :sl*p:

Back