• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

over sensitive?

Ciren

come back from puppy class and yet again my baby did me proud.

the trainer mentioned puppy certificates that she had received. i am presuming she means KC one's.

now between you and me the KC in my eyes are pointless and any opinion of theirs mean nothing to me. however, when she mentioned that Peaches couldnt have one i got annoyed. ok she is older than all the others but its because she was in a puppy farm being abused and used by mindless idiots.

hubby thinks i am being over sensitive, but i think its sucks. she has completed the course and to be honest is better behaved than any of the others and frankly most of them wouldnt know how to look after dogs if it bit them on the behind.(i meant the humans) 2 of the owners is blatantly christmass pressies for the kids and examples of how puppies are for life not just xmas.

i am tempted to say something next time but i have a feeling it wouldnt do any good.

I'd like to think her criticism is directed at the puppy farm and not you or Peaches. I can't imagine her not liking you or Peaches, she must get pleasure out of seeing how much you enjoy her class. My trainer held anyone who rescued a dog in the highest esteem. Don't worry :hug:

oh its not where she came from its because she isnt a puppy she won't get a certificate

yeah, she said that next week Peaches won't be able to have one. hey Peaches doesnt care but it got to me.

Peaches should get a special certificate for overcoming all those obstacles! I think it is just plain silly that the instructor won't give her one.

Hmm that does seem a bit harsh, but I suppose the trainer has to 'follow the rules'. The important thing is that Peaches sucessfully completed the course. She did it because she's happy, loved and trusts you.

Well done Peaches :rah::rah::rah:

This sounds petty and unprofessional on the part of the trainer. Credit should be given where credit is due and if you put in the work you should get the cert.

I am fairly sure the KC puppy certificates are only for puppies up to 6 months. It isn't up to the instructor.. just a fact... :(

If Peaches has done so well on the Puppy Foundation course (which is what I presume you have been doing), it should be pretty easy for you to go on to the Bronze Good Citizen, which is open to dogs of any age. I can appreciate how you feel - puppy farm dogs (I have one too) have to catch up with their missed out puppyhood and need to be treated as such, but Puppy Foundation is age-limited to real puppies, not those who are catching up! My Aled (21 months) is beginning to be naughty - hooray!!

You know Peaches is doing fine, so why worry about a piece of paper? Your trainer has shown her concern and understanding by letting Peaches go in with the puppies in the first place - some classes wouldn't have allowed it. My trainer is the same - Aled trains with the puppies.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Aw, that's not very fair. But as others have said; you still know she's brilliant!
We had a similar thing when we did Bronze Good Citizen with Ozzy and Zara; Zara had kennel cough the week of the test, so didn't get her certificate, even though she was better behaved than the other dogs in the class!

Don't be upset - it's just the KC rules for the Puppy Certificates. The dogs need to be under one to get the actual certificate.

It's no reflection on her and it sounds like she's doing fab, particularly with her background as a puppy farm girl :):). Well done for all the hard work you've done with her to date - that's worth more than ANY certificate :).

You know Peaches is doing fine, so why worry about a piece of paper? Your trainer has shown her concern and understanding by letting Peaches go in with the puppies in the first place - some classes wouldn't have allowed it. My trainer is the same - Aled trains with the puppies.

Good point. I do think Peaches sounds ready for the Bronze Good Citizen classes. I did these and really enjoyed them.

Thats a joke. The trainer should so up a special dog cert for peaches. If she passed the course she passed the course, would be harder for an older dog to pick up things sometimes, loose bad habits.

I would be annoyed with this. If you have paid for the course I would seriously complain. It would be nice to have the cert, frame it for the house. The trainer to me is being difficult. If she trains dogs she should know how much we alll love our dogs so she should organise something to show how well Peaches has done.

It's so lovely for a puppy farm girl to be doing so well :).

Buttons is a Many Tears puppy farm pup, and he's on week 4 of his Puppy Foundation course. We're going on to Bronze afterwards :)

Agree -- and it doesn't really have anything to do with the trainer anyway; these are how these certs are awarded and for an offical KC approved course there are strict guidelines -- otherwise the certs are meaningless if the guidelines don't matter. Many general training classes do not give out certificates -- but in this case, the cert is only for a defined group -- puppies -- and there's no ability to change that.

You could probably also easily have gone into a basic obedience class if a cert and qualification was important -- it didn't need to be puppy class; I wouldn't think it would have mattered at all. (y) I'd just view this as a gentle intro to training and rewarding time you were able to put into working with Peaches :rah:. Most trainers I know would probably have suggested going to the adult classes simply because the puppy classes are targeted at puppies and generally they'll want to keep the groups separate. The instructor was nice to be accommodating to allow Peaches into a puppy group. :)

i know your all being reasonable, hence the name of the thread. i just wanted my baby acknowledged.

Back