• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Raw eggs!

Ciren

some little charmers have been throwing raw eggs about in the field where i walk Peaches. i didn't realize until she already had her nose in one. should i be worried?

No, but it depends how old the eggs are. In fact many people recommend raw eggs mixed in food for dogs to improve their skin and coat. I read that dogs can't get salminela either when I tried the raw egg thing. It's unpleasant but shouldn't be a problem.

Jen and Ilsa

oo i forgot to update this sorry :D i rang the vets and they said not to worry unless she throws up badly gets a squitty botty or gets lethargic, to which i responded how would i know she's a cav? lol

Mine eat raw eggs and are fine, although I feed them the eggs, they don't find them outside ;) I'm guessing she should be fine if she ate them though...

I wouldn't be worried about an incident with raw eggs but wouldn't feed them ever. The raw egg whites prevent biotin absorption which is necessary for many chemical reactions in the body.

I wouldn't be worried about an incident with raw eggs but wouldn't feed them ever. The raw egg whites prevent biotin absorption which is necessary for many chemical reactions in the body.

I did read somewhere though (and can't for the life of me find out where!) that there is more than enough biotin in the yolk to offset the effect of the white, if that makes sense.

Back