• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cav's in the office!

Basil

How many of you bring your best friends into work? Baxter is spending his first full day in the office (Basil has for over 6 months), and so far, so stressful!!!

Not 100% toilet trained yet, and big office, so having to watch him like a hawk. Basil on the other hand, instead of having his morning kip on my desk (see photo below), he is manic! Chasing puppy, hyper, over excitable and I guess just chuffed that instead of the sound of Keyboards all day to put him to sleep, he has his best pal to amuse him.

Very rewarding getting so much time with them, but my god at times it can be a nightmare.

Share your doggy work stories!

3082564460_383bfa4e9b_o.jpg

Gary.

What a lovely picture. Where you work, are you the boss? I can't imagine any boss being happy with two dogs running around. If it was me I'd be worried someone would leave the door open. Have fun!!!

What a lovely picture. Where you work, are you the boss? I can't imagine any boss being happy with two dogs running around. If it was me I'd be worried someone would leave the door open. Have fun!!!

City centre EDI, and whilst I had 7 employees (none now!), they would have been OK with it. I used to let one of them bring in his dog. Top floor office, locked glass double doors outside in the hall etc, secure.

They are still going crazy just now. Basil is chasing Baxter all over the office, however, Baxter can fit under all the desks, making it much harder for Basil to pin him down :)

Gary.

Oh I wish I was able to bring my doggies to work...not sure I'd get much done though!

I've tried to get my work to have a "Bring your dog to work" day. No luck yet. How much fun would that be with dogs everywhere. It would have to be on "casual" Friday as I'm sure no work would get done.

Hi I used to take my two to work with me when I was teaching animal care at college. My two used to sit under the desk with me or with the students. I used them for demos and practical sessions. They used to love being groomed and cuddled by everyone, plus i always had shiny dogs!

Thats a lovely picture looking very sleepy! Its lovely to have your faithful companion with you all day. Made mine so tired by evenings they were out of it!

I am so jealous - I would love to bring my dogs to work or even one of them at a time. I could teach Prince to attack my evil co-worker....kidding! Belle has been to work a couple of times with my OH. She was an army dog :p

I have a colleagues with a chow chow, a westie and a beagle....how much fun would that be :p

I bring one or two of mine to work every so often. I work for a private girls school - grades 6 through 12. Several of us bring our dogs occasionally.

Mine are older and settled, so mainly they sleep under my desk and sometimes visit other colleagues. The girls love them.

Pat

ermmm ..... 5!!!!!

But not all at once ;). Buttons the pup comes to work every day for 1/2 a day, and the others come individually or with Buttons.

Cazy's a pain at work cos she barks at the fax machine, copier, phone - everything! Bradley thinks the desks are trees (enough said?), Marlon lays in the basket and Jemima wanders round loving everyone as much as she can. :):).

We have our own business.

When I got Casey as a pup almost 6 years ago, I was an interior designer and my best friend was my boss, so Casey came to work with me from day 1. We had one major incident however. We had a showroom where people would come in off the street and shop. She had sneaked out there to take a poop and a woman stepped in the pile, freaked out, and started yelling. My boss forgave her (and me!) and she was allowed to keep coming in, although we had to put up a barrier so she could not get in to the showroom.

Then I took a year off of work to stay home with my newborn, and when I went back, my brother and I opened our own business. He is a builder, and I run the sales and marketing end and work in our model home. SO...all three of mine come to work with me every day! I love it. They don't bark and they have time with me all day although all they really do is sleep.

Our office is set up in the garage (it has a/c and carpet) and I have a barrier at the door leading into the house, so they just greet people through the gate. They get lots of attention however and I've only had one lady through that had a problem with it. The way I feel about it, is if you don't like dogs, then I don't want you as a client! :rolleyes:

Wow -- you guys are lucky! I had delusions of bringing Daisy into the office with me sometimes, but after observing her paper shredding tendencies, I gave that up. I did bring her in with me for a quick trip to the office last Sunday when no one else was there. She had a ball racing up and down the long halls and was very good while I was occupied with what I was working on. She just laid down and looked up at me.

I work at a state university, though, so dogs aren't allowed in the buildings, and my office is too small to keep her penned up in there with me all day.

Oh my goodness that's not fair! I want to bring Sammy to my office! I'm a phd student and have a researcher's office at the university. It's very private, so I don't think anyone would notice. The entrance security camera might pick it up though :cool: Maybe I could hide him in my backpack...

Back