• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppys Not Well

Brian M

Hi

Poor Pops is two degrees under ,she had her breakfast Tues morning then Dawn phoned me at work in the afternoon saying shes just laying down all the time very lethargic and no interest in Daisy or Rosie she just wants to lie there in peace and quiet .So off to the vets last night his comment was her temperature is up and shes probably caught an infection somewhere so he gave her an anti-biotic jab checked her over incl her heart ,which I hate them doing but thats fine .So she went to bed last night and today shes the same no interest in anything ,no food or tuna or even warm fresh chicken breast just six little liver treats ,but I do worry shes like my first born all over again ,at work I am phoning home about every 20 mins asking how she is ,has anybody any thoughts ,I have made a further vets appointment for Friday evening just in case theres no improvement.
The only little plus she was weighed last night on the vets scales at 12.5 kilo down from 13.5 so thats better and with no food today our new target is 11 kilo for her size ,but I do hope shes better soon shes right by me on the bed right up close just laying there poor girl.:(

I know it's natural to worry, but the anti-biotics will take a day or two to start having an effect, and Poppy's lethargy is just nature's way of directing all her energy into fighting the infection (plus she's probably not feeling too great!) - the anti-biotics are simply more ammunition to help her own immune system deal with it. Hopefully there'll be a change for the better by Friday's visit to the vet.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Sorry to hear Pops isn't feeling well. You've done the right thing getting her checked by the vet. She'll start eating again as soon as the infection clears up.

My golden oldie Dan would go off his food at times and go and rest quietly.

Try not to fret Brian. They have their up and downs like the rest of us, but they get over these little episodes. I'm sure Poppy will be fine - keep us posted.

Dylan is the same today but with no temperature, the vet gave him antibiotic pills. He usually acts like Poppy when he has an upset tummy on the way so that's all I can think it might be. I do believe those antibiotic jabs work well. Keep an eye on her and make sure she drinks water.

Poor little Poppy, hope she's feeling better soon. She probably just has a little bug like we get and don't want to get out of bed for a few days! Thank goodness she has such a good dad to worry about her! ;)

Sorry to hear you are having a worry with your Poppy, its so horrid when our animals are off colour & they can't tell you where it hurts! Hope the anti biotics soon kick in & shes back to normal soon.

Poor Poppy.
Hope it is just a little bug she has picked up & she will soon be bright-eyed & waggy-tailed.

Margaret C

Sorry to hear Poppys not feeling too good. Try not to worry too much about her not wanting to eat right now, she'll pick up once the antibiotics get to work. Sending a gentle cuddle & hoping she picks up by tomorrow.

Brian when I die I hope I come back as a cavalier in your household, what wonderful care and love you show them.
Do hope Pops feels better soon.

Nanette

Sorry Poppy is under the weather. If it is her tummy, I think the antibiotics should bring her around soon. I hope so. Keep us posted.

Sorry to hear your Poppy is not well, I know it`s a worry they just can`t tell you whats wrong, hopefully she will soon be feeling much better when the anti biotics have had time get into her system.

Back