• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh No Rosies Got A Limp ,Now

Brian M

Good Morning

It never just rains ,after Pops being unwell though she did eat two little pces of warm chicken but that could have been the pack instinct as Daisy was just about to gobble them ,now I noticed Rosie is kind of hobbling on both her back legs so back to the vets again tonight .I have noticed at the vets in Oxton the branch where I go above the surgery they have a flat were a nurse stays so any animals kept in are looked after around the clock so I was wondering if I could apply for a long term lease of say 15 years.
Rosie being the baby of 1 1/2 years has never had a severe trim ,thankfully ,so she has all her Cavalier flowing locks and therefore quite
well developed slippers so checking upon her nails they seem OK but she does first thing in the morning nibble and lick at her feet a lot ,but I have absolutely no idea why she is hobbling and her appetite is fine and shes just as bubbly ,anybody any ideas ?

Hobbling on back legs? Anal glands?
I'm sure the vet will sort her out whatever the problem may be.
Can I apply to be reincarnated as the third cavalier alongside Margaret and HollyDolly in your household.I promise not to bite:flwr:.
Although there is one stipulation:
Send the others to the groomer first and if they get shaved I'm not going, I'm very fussy about my hair.;):razz:
Hope your girlies get well soon.
Sins

Hi sins
You got me thinking ,as all three had their glands emptied the week before last and i had noticed her still occasionally thumping up and down the hall carpet ,I have an appointment for 5.35 tonight but just phoned and they can fit her in at 3.35 this afternoon.
Oh and the groomers are this Saturday at 10.00 am and this one is a lot better than that horrible woman who virtually shaved them in December ,so if you can get to my house for 9.30 am you are wellcome to come for a bath ,wash and brush up and a very light trim , and I will take my camera for a few pics to post.:):):)

if you can get to my house for 9.30 am you are wellcome to come for a bath ,wash and brush up and a very light trim , and I will take my camera for a few pics to post.:smile::smile::smile:

Excellent timing as I'm flying out to lanzarote the following morning for a week in the sun.(I'm defying the credit crunch).Can we defer the reincarnation bit though, as I'm not sure thomsonfly allow cavaliers out of the cargo hold?But if the plane goes down,keep a place for me!!:p:p

Your vet will probably be in the same hotel,as you've most likely contributed generously to his holiday fund this year or at least towards the cost if as new wing on the veterinary surgery!
Your girls will be fine Brian,sometimes even the simple routine injuries and infections can be painful for them.Good luck with the appointment.
Sins

Hi Brian,
Chloe had to be brought to the vets 2 days after Christmas when she jumped off the sofa and landed funny on her paws. She was limping alot and lifting one paw in the air when she was stood stationary.
I was convinced she had broken something, but thankfully after an xray it just turned out to be tissue damage and no broken bones.

My vet said that Cavalier's can tend to 'exaggerate' sometimes - he had another dog walk through the surgery that morning that had a leg that was broken in 3 places :eek: - and there was me carrying our little Chloe wrapped in her blankie 'cause I didnt want her putting pressue on her sore paw :rolleyes:

Im sure Rosie will be just fine, but your doing the right thing getting her to the vets tonight..

Hi Brian,

My vet said that Cavalier's can tend to 'exaggerate' sometimes - he had another dog walk through the surgery that morning that had a leg that was broken in 3 places :eek: - and there was me carrying our little Chloe wrapped in her blankie 'cause I didnt want her putting pressue on her sore paw :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

My dog totally broke his leg last year. I knew something was up as I could bend it in weird directions but he didnt once cry , He was happilly running around on walks with it flapping about.

now my other dog if he goes to the vet for a simple check up he has to go to bed for 3 hours to get over it ,lol

Back