• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is honey good for dogs?

Katelyn

Scarlett started not eating her new food but when I put a tiny drop of honey on it (I mean tiny!) she gobbles it all up. I haven't been doing this everyday or anything only a few times but how good is honey for dogs? she seems to adore it but im guessing it cant be good for her everyday.

I can't answer your question, but am interested in the replies you get because I've started giving Maddie a tiny bit of local honey every day to try and desensitize her to the local pollens, in the hope of not having such an itchy spring/summer as last year. :xfngr:
I can't think it would do any harm, as long as it's not too much, and as long as you keep their teeth clean. (I'm guessing the sweetness of honey means it would be as bad for teeth as sugary things usually are.:()

Knowledgeable friends in obedience recommend Manuka honey to alleviate the symptoms of kennel cough - just as honey is good for human sore throats. So it can't do any harm in moderation (a teaspoon a day?).

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back