• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vets On Alert For Parasite

Brian M

Hi This article appeared in my local free paper The Wirral Globe
A Wirral Vet Hospital is playing a critical role in investigations into a parasite that killed five dogs across the country,Angiostrongylus vasorumwas previously found only in Cornwall, but a report published by the University of L/Pool Small Animal Teaching Hospital in Leahurst (about 10 mins away) confirmed the worm was present in five young and previously healthy dogs.Leahurst discovered tha cluster of new cases in Gtr Manchester and West Midlands .Professor Sandy Trees is professor of of veterinary parasitology in the faculty of Veterinary Science at The University of L/Pool,he said its creeping further north ,we have had dogs presented to us at surgery all under 35 months and dying within hours it may be carried by foxes. And although little can be done once transmitted preventive medicine is available ,but he doesn't say what .,so specific advice has to be sought.

Anybody heard anything .:confused:

I have a vague recollection of a dog being affected last year as far north as Scotland. :( Thankfully my two are past the stage of wanting to eat slugs (ugh!) because we get loads in our garden.:(:( It is a worry though.

Back