• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spaniel Bowls

Anndav

Hi All

Does anybody know where to buy spaniel bowls? We have tried all the pet stores locally with no luck. The long curly wet food infested ears are driving us mad. Please HELP.

Thanks Anndav

spanielbowls.com is the best!
Cindy hand makes these and fires them at very high heat so they are very durable. She is fast with shipping (I had my bowl in 2 days) The glaze is the same quality as what is on your own dishes, so it is safe for dogs and dishwasher safe as well. The rim of my spaniel bowl is a full centimeter thick, to give you an idea of durability.
I tried LOTS of bowls, but they either didn't work, or to be able to work were so small that they had puny capacity. My bowl is a size large (all sizes have the same 4 inch sized opening), so it holds plenty of water.

Here are Bandit and Lizzie with theirs. Bandit's ears are still pretty short, but Lizzie's give a good demo of how the bowl does it's job. I have no more wet ears!

DSCF1151.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1156.jpg

I posted about them a while ago.

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?p=289011

I personally think the spanielbowls.com site are way to expensive, but that is mostly because I'm sure Sparky would make me drop it and break it ... and well, heck, I don't own any $70 dishes for myself so it seems sort of silly to buy one for the dogs, as much as I adore them.

This site is in the UK and I think their bowls are adorable:
http://www.chow-bella.org.uk/2.html

There are a few more ideas as well in the thread above.

Good luck!!

Hi Lani, Those look pretty nice, too. I must say, I think my bowl was well worth the purchase. (even though my entire set of everyday dishes probably set me back about the same amount!) When you look at the site and see what craftmanship goes into each bowl, plus the level of safety (glazes are food grade, so no worries over lead or something because of some chinese import) and the firing process she uses make these durable and safe. I probably wasted more on bowls that didn't work out than I spent on this one bowl. I have dropped the bowl and tripped over it, sending it flying, and it is still unscathed. It weighs two full pounds...so it is very solid! I have easily broken a number of department store crocks by simply bumping them too rough, so I'm very pleased with the toughness of this one. It reminds me of those practically unbreakable old timey mugs from coffee shops (like the waffle house here in the US)

My spaniel bowl is a mason and cash one from pets at home. Most pet stores stock that brand too. All my pets have mason and cash bowls.

I've not seen these before but I've got to get Maggie & Roxie some. The food is not so bad but when sometimes when they drink water, their ears end up soaked.

Back