• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fido gets Yellow legs after a trip up the garden

FidoRusty

Ok then well when the boys go up the garden to empty theirselves Fido always seems about 80 - 90% of the time gets his number one all over his front leg, obviously this has only started since he has started cocking his leg up. Now Rusty our younger Cav has started cocking his leg up recently but he is having no troubles whatsoever. The problem seems to be with Fido he still stoops forward slightly like when he was a puppy but now lifts his leg too so its going everywhere. Has anyone else had an experience like this. I thought he might just grow out of it but its been like it for a long while now and its such a shame, the one plus point is he loves having his legs washed lol maybe thats why he keeps doing it lol. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm in the same boat with Bandit except most of his pee gets on his stomach. Keeping grooming spray on the hair is advice I was given to reduce the amount of pee that gets absorbed (thus reducing staining). But, like you, I seem to be putting Bandit in the sink to wash his belly several times a day. That first morning pee is especially stinky. :yuk:

Yeah Fido also gets the odd bit of wee on his belly hair too but the majority is the front legs. We use the spray afterwards usually but will try out the advice you say about spraying him prior to toilet breaks.

I'm very lucky with my boys--Winston my shih tzu squats--I've seen him try to lift his leg a few times and he's too clumsy and almost falls over--lol. Bentley still squats too but he's only 16 months old so hoping he doesn't lift the leg--fine with me. I have enough to do with these guys than have to wash them twice a day.

I keep the hair on their "private parts" au naturel (not trimmed) and it creates a little downspout for the pee and a lot less mess! My friends and family tell me it's gross that the hair is so long down there, but it does help!!!!!

Yes, Jasper gets himself in a state whether its a short walk around the block or a good walk. I usually give him a quick rinse throughout the day. However this week he has went to the groomers, hes had a good trim and he is much cleaner now ready for spring and the warmer weather :xfngr:.

I keep the hair on their "private parts" au naturel (not trimmed) and it creates a little downspout for the pee and a lot less mess! My friends and family tell me it's gross that the hair is so long down there, but it does help!!!!!

I thought the same, but then with my Merlin, this progressed to the point where the downspout aimed at the legs so we chopped it,.... no more peeing on legs! I'm afriad I think you have to make your own judgement based on the severity of leg cocking angle v pee on legs!

Rex hasnt cocked his leg yet, and Im kinda hoping that he'll keep squatting like my two girls :D
He'll be 2 in August - does anybody know at what age boys will normally start cocking the leg?

Rex hasnt cocked his leg yet, and Im kinda hoping that he'll keep squatting like my two girls :D
He'll be 2 in August - does anybody know at what age boys will normally start cocking the leg?
You probably don't have to worry about it, then. Bandit has been hiking his leg since he was about 5 months old.

Back