PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, meet Nikki!

AsOctoberFalls
22nd March 2009, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie around here... I posted months ago about adding a Cavalier to our family. We added Nikki to our family in December. She is 7 years old, and she is a retired show/breeding bitch. She and Burgess are not best buds, but they do fine together. She is a joy! She wants nothing more than to lay in your lap and eat your food. :D

Here she is!
http://tinyurl.com/dmcmc9

My husband with Nikki and our other dog, Burgess.
http://tinyurl.com/bjefqt

Look at that sweet face!
http://tinyurl.com/95o9j6

Mom of Jato
22nd March 2009, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on your Cavalier addition to the family! :rah: Both dogs are just beautiful- have fun with them.

linderbelle
22nd March 2009, 05:46 PM
I see 3. lol. Very cute.

heather r
22nd March 2009, 06:34 PM
Nikki is beautiful and I'm sure the two dogs will soon be pals.

Our golden retriever now gives our Abigail a soft kiss and allows the pup to attack her nose (which I can assume isn't very pleasant).

Heather R

Cathy T
23rd March 2009, 03:13 AM
Well good for you!!! Congratulations and big huge welcome to Nikki. I very much remember your original post asking about Cavaliers in general and was so pleasantly surprised at how well you took the myriad of comments posted. It was obvious you were really asking to be educated. I think Nikki is going to be great in your home. Burgess is just drop dead gorgeous!! My boy had a special friendship with a Newfy for a while and just adored that big huge dog....especially the body soaking doggie kisses ;) Nikki is absolutely precious....I look forward to hearing more about her. And, again...good for you!!! :)

pippa
23rd March 2009, 08:13 AM
Oh well done and congrats...she is beautiful and burgess is a very handsome boy!

Karlin
23rd March 2009, 10:46 PM
She's a gorgeous cavalier and love that big Newf! (he redefines 'lap dog' though! :rotfl:)

AsOctoberFalls
24th March 2009, 12:24 AM
I very much remember your original post asking about Cavaliers in general and was so pleasantly surprised at how well you took the myriad of comments posted. It was obvious you were really asking to be educated. I think Nikki is going to be great in your home. Burgess is just drop dead gorgeous!! My boy had a special friendship with a Newfy for a while and just adored that big huge dog....especially the body soaking doggie kisses ;) Nikki is absolutely precious....I look forward to hearing more about her. And, again...good for you!!! :)

Thank you very much! I took the comments to heart and I've really been trying to learn more about the breed. In addition, we've done a lot of work and training with Burgess to ensure he behaves himself around Nikki. It usually just takes a "Geeeentle" when he gets near Nikki before he looks to us for direction. If he gets too rough (he likes to stand on top of her so that she is underneath his belly and he doesn't let her go) then we put him in time out. Everything has been really great and I'm glad for the advice I've gotten here.

Thank you so much to everyone else for your kind words, as well!

Justine
25th March 2009, 10:28 PM
Well i had to laugh,chalk and cheese.Is it painful having him on your lap.

AsOctoberFalls
26th March 2009, 11:02 PM
Well i had to laugh,chalk and cheese.Is it painful having him on your lap.

No, but it is painful when he steps on you - especially when you are lying in bed at night and he steps right on your stomach. Ooof!

jld
2nd April 2009, 12:05 AM
Ohhhhhh, Nikki is gorgeous...congratulations on a beautiful, sweet addition to your family. I am sure you will fall in love with her....Judy

pinkpuppy
2nd April 2009, 11:47 PM
Congrats, Nikki is just too adorable for words.

molly
3rd April 2009, 02:16 PM
I just love the older pups and Nikki is surely a beautiful dog. What a wonderful addition to your family. Your Newf is a lap-full!

AsOctoberFalls
5th April 2009, 06:12 AM
Thank you everyone! She doesn't act like an older dog at all - except the fact that she's not CRAZY with energy like our pup is. She is a wonderful, sweet dog!