• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Male dogs

Well, altering them has the biggest success rate. If that is for some reason not on the cards, then training -- the same way you housetrain. 100% supervision 100% of the time, distraction the nanosecond the leg starts to go up, and praise for lowering that leg. You will have to clean the scent that is already there which may mean throwing out existing furniture/carpet/rugs if they cannot be cleaned with an enzymatic cleaner -- normal cleaners will NOT remove the scent they return to time and again to remark at the same place.

PS Also if you have more than one intact male this too will contribute enormously to the problem. It is very hard to stop two intact males from marking at least some of the time if they live together.

I thought I replied to this thread before sorry.

We had the same problem ages ago. I was all ready the neuter then someone told me to try training him! It's a case of catching him in the act and giving a firm "NO!". We had him all trained in 2 weeks. At friends houses, as I am distracted, I have rarely caught him so he wears rather expensive pants. I tried making my own but they often shifted position, uncovering the offending part! :rolleyes:

Back