• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hip Problem

Kate10

Hi everyone,

We have a ruby Cavalier puppy who is six months old. We bought her from a very reputable breeder and she is heart certified for generations.

However I am currently waiting to get through to our vet to get her hips checked. We think her right hip may have slipped out of place twice this week.

The first time it happened my husband was there. He said she was running outside with our other dog, ran into a hole, and she started yelping. She sort of hopped towards him with her leg held out at an odd angle. He held her and tried to check her out, but within a minute she jumped away and ran around again, seemingly fine.

Last night she came running into the living room, and slipped on the wooden floor. Same thing happened. I picked her up and put her on the couch, and tried to examine her. She basically lay up against me for about five minutes and I couldn't find anything wrong. After that she got up and trotted around the place again.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks very much.

Kate.

Could be she has twisted and maybe hurt a knee. Holes in the ground can even cause damage in "sound legs" . I have to be honest ,though carpets are not ideal, I believe they are more forgiving to exhuberant youngsters that have the mad "half hour" and slip very easily on some floors.
Hopefully its nothing too serious and she will not need a Vets visit but they are allways the best place to go to put your mind at rest.

Thanks Evelyn,

I have booked her into the vets for tomorrow afternoon just to have her checked out. It really did seem a bit weird ..like she had temporarily dislocated something ..

Back