PDA

View Full Version : 2 8mth males~Wales

Davy
26th March 2009, 11:45 PM
Archie & brother REHOMED

www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk (http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk)

*Please note that I have copy this and other photos to my own account to save the bandwidth of the rescue sites. So to the person who posts on other sites that's great but please don't stealing my bandwidth*

Archie on the left
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/dabbie_uk/rescue/cavtwins.jpg

Archie has been handed in with his brother. His owner is having a baby and already has two other children and is having problems coping with two busy pups who get themselves into mischief.

The boys are Ruby with a little white, have been vaccinated and will be neutered in a few days. They would be especially suited to a home with another dog. They need work on their housetraining, tend to pull on the lead and have had very little training. Their new owners must agree to take them to training classes.

The boys will not be homed together. They are great with children and have lived with a cat. They are in Wales at the moment.

kmatt
27th March 2009, 08:21 AM
I hear about boys like this and always wish I could take them.

Why can't more American's post. I'm sorry but all the posts I see are in the UK...

Hope these boys find and good home.

Also in the quote it says they will not be homed together...is that correct?

Karlin
27th March 2009, 06:50 PM
Anyone who wants can take the time to crosspost dogs from the US sites like Petfinder. The only reason there are lots of UK dogs posted here is that several UK board members take the time to check the various rescue sites and then crosspost. They do not work for these rescues. We do regularly have crossposts from the US rescue sites as well -- all it requires is someone who wants to take the time to look and crosspost here. :)

I do also list the sites for all the US breed rescues pinned at the top of this section so if someone is looking for a rescue cavalier in the US, those are the sites to visit. :thmbsup: There are generally way too many US dogs in rescues to be able to list them here as separate postings -- it makes more sense to go to the individual websites.

On splitting the two dogs -- this would be a common approach and recommendation by trainers, and I would do this too if I were rehoming this pair. Part of their behaviour problems are almost certainly based on the fact that this owner took two puppies together -- almost always a poor idea -- let them grow up spending too much time alone together, didn't do any separate management or training, and now has two untrained dogs that have already had housetraining problems (typical for this kind of situation) and will be difficult to train and manage if kept together. Each dog would benefit from being separated and they will be far easier to train and get back on track.

kmatt
27th March 2009, 06:56 PM
Yea I was just wandering. I've tried to get involved into rescue's over here, but every time I see/find on and call them up they are gone. Its like they are gone before they're on the web.

I just feel helpless sometimes trying to help.

Hope these boys find loving homes. Such cuties.

hwowen
28th March 2009, 07:36 AM
These boys seem to have vanished without trace from the site??

Karlin
28th March 2009, 12:30 PM
Rescues need many types of support -- fostering, financial support, transport. If you are in contact offering to get involved before dogs actually come in and set up a relationship with the rescue, and are placed to do so, you probably will be contacted. If you are talking about homing a dog -- the best thing is to check the sites daily, get on their waiting list, maybe get involved with Lucky Star, and get involved with helping first. Cavalier rescues often have long waiting lists (mine can be very long for younger females!!) -- and dogs get placed quickly most of the time from Petfinder. Rescues tend to prioritise people who show an ongoing interest and commitment to the dogs or breed in advance of a dog arriving in. I get tons f applications from people who tell me they really only want a rescue dog; I ring them a week later and they already went and bought a puppy. :rolleyes:So people who stay in touch and show real interest, not just a desire to take a dog if one is there at that moment, generally get good marks from rescues. :)

sarahso
29th March 2009, 12:26 AM
These boys seem to have vanished without trace from the site??

They are not posted on the site, they are on dogpages & RHU :)

from what i have heard - im a member of RHU & dogpages, there has been an awful lot of interest & homechecks will be carried out pretty soon for suitability.

so fingers crossed these boys find a lovely home!

Davy
30th March 2009, 10:22 PM
Seems both now have new homes :rah: