PDA

View Full Version : Update

laram
27th March 2009, 08:37 PM
I posted a few weeks ago about Sammy's suspected SM and some quite nasty symptoms (scratching himself raw etc). I just wanted to encourage anyone in the same situation, as I really thought I was losing Sammy: he's been on 200mg gabapentin per day now for a month and you'd hardly know there was anything wrong at all. He hardly ever scratches, and he's his playful self again. It could be that it's a milder case of sm than I suspected :xfngr:, but in anycase Gabapentin rocks!!:)

Margaret C
27th March 2009, 10:19 PM
I agree.
It keeps my eight year old Tommy comfortable and enables him to have a normal life.

Margaret C

Karlin
27th March 2009, 10:22 PM
I' so glad you are getting good results and he is so much more comfortable. It is amazing what a difference this one drug can make to their quality of life.

*Pauline*
27th March 2009, 10:35 PM
I'm so happy Sammy is feeling better :D Gabapentin does rock!!

gloria
30th March 2009, 03:16 PM
:rah:I will second that! My Charlie is like a puppy again on Gabapentin. Hes so happy & lively. I am just so pleased.

chloe92us
30th March 2009, 09:11 PM
Is Gab (not even going to try spelling it) a pain-reducer only? Casey is on Rimadyl now with very good results, but should I ask my vet about Gab instead? Is it also a CF reducer?

Tania
30th March 2009, 10:23 PM
I am certain Garbapentin and Rimadyl are pain killers. Molly is on Cimetidine which is a CF reducer and a small dose of previcox. She is like a puppy again.