PDA

View Full Version : hello

brittagarly
28th March 2009, 11:24 AM
Hello all
My name is Britta and I live in Denmark near Copenhagen. I have had 3 cavaliers unfortunately the first one is operated for patella luxation, the second had HD grade D, and now I got a puppy 8 months old and I cross my fingers for that she will be healthier than the other two.
I don’t know if I dare to tell that I am a breeder, but now I have done so and then you can delete me if you like. I started breeding in 1989 with my first litter of flatcoated retriever and up to now I have bred 6 litters of flatcoats, I have also bred 2 litters of Dandie Dinmont terriers but gave up because there is a lot of health problems in that breed. Actually I got a cavalier because I wanted to have a little healthy active dog, and the only problem I could find about the cavaliers was the heart problem, I have learnt the hard way, and I’m not that naïve anymore. It was my plan to breed cavaliers, but because of the above I haven’t done so, and I don’t know if I ever will that totally depends about my puppy, if she fail her heath checks I’m not sure if I’m going to give up the cavaliers to, but time will tell.
My last dandie died 2 years ago at the age of 14, and I have 3 flatcoats at the age of 8-14, I go hunting with my flatcoats, and some agility, and I would like to do some agility with my cavaliers to, and I do so with Betty my first, but very slow and safe due to her patella. It is such a pity that cavaliers have so many problems because they would love to run agility.
I will also mention that I’m chairwomen of the health comity of the Danish flatcoated retriever society.
I apologize for all my wrong writing and spelling, English is not my best language but I hope that you got the meaning.
Cheers
Britta

Karlin
15th April 2009, 12:55 AM
Welcome -- Your English is easy to follow :) -- I think it is just the extra information on typefaces that make things hard to read! That's probably left over from the board being moved to new servers.

kmatt
15th April 2009, 07:31 AM
Welcome. I hope that your puppy can help prove that this is a breed worth while and needs breeders who while they breed for the betterment of the breed can breed a much healthier dog.