PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new here and i hope i can get some help !

Alexanders mummy
28th March 2009, 06:08 PM
Hi All im new to the forum my name is Lise i live in Co Tyrone Northern Ireland,

i have been looking for a Ruby Cavalier pup for ages now, im so confused there seem to be so many dodgy puppy breeders/ farms over here and from the south of ireland that im now to scared to buy a pup !

i was wondering if anyone could recomend a breader in northern irland or even in the south who is not a puppy farmer and has genuine health certs for the mum and dad dogs, as i have also read that fake health certs gan be bought. also if anyone knows of breeder i should avoid please pm me.

i would realy apreciate the help . thanks in advance

Lise:dogwlk:

Karlin
1st April 2009, 09:19 AM
Hi and welcome!

First just a reminder to anyone who wants to discuss this issue that I don't allow any public discussions of breeder recommendations so anything should be sent by PM please. :thmbsup:

Sadly it is difficult generally to find breeders who will have the certs you want but you should persevere. Personally, I do not know of anyone -- not one -- person breeding on this island who could produce both MRI and heart certs -- most do not even cardiologist test, they just see their vets, even though the latest research from the UK CKCS Club shows yet again that vets miss half of all early onset murmurs, the type a younger breeding dog is morly likely to have, so a vet "heart clearance" is essentially *worthless*. I recommend sending a PM to Nicki on the board as she is aware of UK breeders who health test. I doubt you will find a breeder in Ireland and just be aware finding a wholecolour (ruby or B&T) from a breeder who health tests is also difficult. You will find someone, but it will take some effort to most likely move beyond Ireland in your search and also, to wait.

Cathy Moon
5th April 2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Lise and icon_welcome:mexwav:!