• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

This morning in my garden

Crafty Fox - we have had Foxes in our garden during the night, we know this because when we have let Jasper out early in the morning he has come in twice smelling very nasty when he has rolled in their poo, not a very pleasant experience to deal with, he was straight in the bath before I had even had time to dress, I could`nt work out how they got in as we have very high fencing and gate, but apparently they can jump very high.

We have one here,my brother caught him looking through the french windows,it was very early in the mornig.Hes very big and healthy.We named him Mister.

We get foxes here. Our garden backs onto garages and they are often on top of the garages (about 10 feet high!). Maddie has actually had a stalker fox, scary stuff.:eek: It used to sit on top of the garage and stare at her if she was in the garden (we never left her alone) and it used to follow at a safe distance on our walks, esepcially the 6am one. We could never work out if it was the chestnut markings and he was in love:luv: or if he was just thinking "lunch" :eek::eek:

Wow! We enjoyed your video - Colin especially has a soft spot in his heart for foxes. :)

I once had a wild fox walk very close right past me when I was backpacking on Isle Royal, a remote island on Lake Superior. :)

Looks like a vixen with a brush like that. Foxes are usually very nervous animals and I've never known one to attack a cat or dog. They usually go for newborn lambs or chickens as they are easy prey. They also usually only take what they need to eat. We have lots where I live :)

I get them in my garden too. We think that there is a den next door. My girl gets very hyper at night.
Did you notice the vixens hair loss near her neck? Looks like she has mange I would keep a very close eye on your dogs. Foxes carry all sorts of nasty stuff with them being wild animals mange and lungworm is rife in foxes.

That would be scary!

When I lived in an apartment Central London (right across from the Museum of Natural History), I saw a fox one morning. That was really scary. I didn't even believe I saw it but the doorman at one of the neighboring buildings assured me I wasn't crazy.

I'm glad your dogs were indoors.

Oh my gosh!! We see coyotes around here but I've never seen a fox like that. Gotta admit...it's awfully pretty (our coyotes scare me to death but they are still very beautiful animals....just not in my backyard ;)). No wonder the girls went nuts!

We have several Foxes in our neighborhood. We have a large greenspace, and I assume they hide out in that area. They are beautiful creatures. They have never caused harm to any of the animals around here. Even my Pekin duck I had in the back yard. I think the one that got in our yard just wanted his duck food! Coyotes also roam in certain area's of the city. Sadly, they are clearing out most of the wooded area's to build houses, so I am really sad that all the wonderful animals will eventually be homeless. Especially the beautiful deer families that have lived in these woods for the last 50 years. UGH! I hate developers! Sorry!:(

She looks beautiful..great to see one so close,but,remember they are wild and can be carrying disease.

We have had fox`s here for years, we see them at night and the dogs go mad when they see or hear them, that is only the second time I have seen them in day light, my boss said now we know what you was doing instead of been in work yesterday, I had taken the day of to take Lady to the vets as she had a sore eye turns out to be an ulcer :(

Thanks for sharing. I'm a wildlife buff and have never seen a real fox before! Bobcats and coyote, yes, fox...no!

Back