PDA

View Full Version : Jake's been back at the vets

Rj Mac
31st March 2009, 06:54 PM
I think I mentioned that a while ago we found a lump on Jake that the vet removed, and it turned out to be nothing to worry about,

Well he's got another 1, and was at the vets today, to let him see it, and is now booked in for next Tuesday morning to have it surgically removed, and sent away for testing,

On top of that he's also to get some x-rays done, as he's been diagnosed with Arthritis, to determine where he's arthritic, the severity of it, and what Meds he needs, both ourselves and the vet suspected Arthritis for a while as some days he can be very stiff, and I could see similarities with our late GSD Rebel, for the 1st time ever last week, he couldn't take the stairs, and I had a VERY large lump in my throat, as I carried him up to bed, but to be fair, that day I think we'd walked too far, and maybe overdone it, sometimes I forget he is geting older :luv:

pinkpuppy
31st March 2009, 06:59 PM
{{Hugs}} Hope Jake will feel better soon. You know he is never too old to accompany his 2 legged family members on long walks. He is happier to be with you than without.

Aileen
31st March 2009, 07:58 PM
Hope Jake goes on alright at the vets
----Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Jake)

*Pauline*
31st March 2009, 08:01 PM
I hope Jake will be ok :hug:

gocamping
31st March 2009, 08:31 PM
I am hoping that Jake will be ok. Getting older is no fun, but a little exercise is good.

Cathy Moon
1st April 2009, 12:16 AM
I hope Jake is feeling better soon. There are some good supplements for arthritis. :thmbsup:

Rj Mac
1st April 2009, 10:02 PM
Thankyou for all your good wishes guys, the vet thinks that there's prob nothing to worry about:xfngr:, just wants to be certain,

The main thing is to find out the extent of his arthritis, and get him on effective meds , and in the mean time not to over do walkies :dogwlk:

pinkpuppy
2nd April 2009, 02:03 AM
Good to hear that Jake just has to take it easier. He might just enjoy snuggling on your lap and watching the tele.

Karlin
2nd April 2009, 11:38 PM
Those fatty lumps are really common in labs, too, especially as they get older, so hope that's what you are seeing. :xfngr: How old is Jake now?

Love my Cavaliers
2nd April 2009, 11:49 PM
Oliver, 8 years old, is also having x-rays done to determine whether he has arthritis. Because he yelps when he jumps up on the bed, sofa, etc. but not when he jumps down we think it is in his hips rather than his spine or shoulders. He is on Metacam right now until we have the x-rays next week. Hopefully we'll both get good news.

Rj Mac
3rd April 2009, 06:22 PM
Those fatty lumps are really common in labs, too, especially as they get older, so hope that's what you are seeing. :xfngr: How old is Jake now?

Hi Karlin, he's 8 and a half now, and the vet said much the same about fatty lumps, as Labs get that little bit older, hopefully that's all it's been, and we can just concentrate on his Arthritis,

Rj Mac
9th April 2009, 06:39 PM
Once again , thanks for all youf good wishes guys :thmbsup: Jake came thru the op no probs, just have to wait about 10 - 14 days for the results of the tests to come back on the lump, so :xfngr:

Here he is with his blue bandage...
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/RjMac_photo/Image033.jpg

And to our surprise, he's made no attempt to chew it :lotsaluv:

tupup
9th April 2009, 09:26 PM
im glad jake came thro' ok & hope you get good test results soon. lets hope he's taking those stairs again any day:)

Rj Mac
13th April 2009, 11:29 AM
Had a dressing change on Saturday morning, and the vet's pleased with how it's coming along, nice and clean, and no sign of infection, we go back on Wednesday, for another change of dressing, and hopefully the test results:xfngr: