• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chewing Leg / Hair Loss?

AliceAbbyBellaDaphne

My nearly 5 month old cav, Alice, has been chewing on her leg some recently and tonight I noticed that she has a patch of hiar loss where she has been chewing. :confused: Does anyone else have this problem with their cav and if so what was the cause? Could it be allergies? She doesn't seem to have any other issues. No excessive scratching. I haven't really seen her chewing her leg a lot, just occasionally, but now with the hair loss I am kind of concerned. Since we have a herd o'dogs I try to avoid going to the vet unless we absolutely have to! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tawna

My Golden used to chew his legs and pull out his hair due to stress when he was younger. I agree though - a vet is the best one to diagnose.

You definitely need to see the vet. (y) If this is so irritating to the point of stripping hair off the leg, then she is very aggravated by something, be it a severe allergy, dermatitis, pain, or whatever may be causing this reaction.

Back