• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fat cavalier In Sun Newspaper

I was at the vet on Monday and there was a Cocker there that looked like the dog in this article. I was mortified. She had to lift this dog out of her car, and he could hardly walk. In the waiting room, he looked miserable and seemed to have difficulty breathing.

I asked my vet about it and she said they see it every day. So sad. At least when I realized Casey was fat, I chose to do something about it! Vet said most people don't even think it's a problem!

WOW!!!

I thought Leo was big at 11kg.:eek: That dog must be so much happier now......well done to her new owner.

At least that lady intervened and has reduced the poor little dogs weight. The dog should feel so much happier now.

The vets always compliment me on Maddie and Pippins weight - even though I can't take much credit for Maddie, she regulates her own intake. Pippin too to a lesser extent. My vets say they see so many fat spaniels (Cavs, cockers, springers) - and I've seen a few waddle past where I live too. :(

Well I thought Barney was fat but that dog beats him he is now on a diet to get the weight off him and wil post photos when he down to below what the vet say is the weight he wants him at
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

It was refreshing to read a positive spin....the man's daughter saw that the dog was seriously overweight and did something about it. Good for her.

Prince was about 29lbs when I got him and he seemed huge. He is on a diet now but he hasnt been weighed since Jan so im not sure what he is now, he sure looks smaller. He had his coat trimmed and I can definitely see a waist :p I must post some before and after pictures. I think his heavy coat made him look bigger than he was because he was always well able to run around and he could easily manage a long walk.

That is one huge cavalier though, wow! At least she is on the road to recovery.

I groom a dog just like that. unfortunatly after he's shaved the owner thinks he's lost weight because an inch of fur has gone either side.

lol Harley is the new fat boy slim, ill post some pics of him and yes at 12kg, he is down to prob as low as we can go, the vets very pleased,
when we were at hydrotherepy a week ago, this duchound was next in the pool and it couldnt walk at all, at to be carried because its stomach reached the ground. The only exercise it got was when it swam. di

My mind is boggled by the fact that the Cav should have weighed 10 kilos. How?! I'd have thought that 10 kilos would be grossly overweight when the dog looks small-framed - both of my pair are on the small side height wise and they both come in and just under 6 kilos.

oh jeez :eek: Never again will I call Kosmo and Faithey fat :eek:

glad they did something about it, but holy cow, I have a hard time understanding how someone could let their dog get to looking like that :confused:

Harley weighs 12 kg, and i know of others on here with dogs weighing between 10 - 12kg she does look a lot smaller than harley though, I would have thought 8 tops but its hard to say from a photo.

Back