PDA

View Full Version : Furminator

frecklesmom
2nd April 2009, 10:05 PM
Amazon has small furminator for $14.29 on sale

http://www.amazon.com/FURminator-Small-Blue-deShedding-1-75-Inch/dp/B000FSFNUE/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1238679300&sr=8-4/ref=nosim&tag=dealighted0b-20

linderbelle
2nd April 2009, 10:13 PM
I have the large one and just recently purchased it and went in there and all 3 sizes are on sale and dang GOOD prices I might add. Why is it when you get something it goes on sale shortly after--lol. This tool is wonderful I might add. Heard about it from here of course and went to Petsmart and even went into grooming to have them show me how well it worked. I paid over $50 for I think for the large one. Thats one thing at Petsmart if you go into grooming they will help and show you. :)

pinkpuppy
3rd April 2009, 12:36 AM
It never works for me to wait for things to go on sale. I like the furminator though great mat remover

Karlin
26th April 2009, 12:37 AM
Initially I thought it was great for taking out dead hair on the cats but didn;t like results with the dogs (only works on the girls). But now I take that back -- it really nicely neatened up Lily's messy coat and took lots of shedding coat off Lucy.

Just be sure to read directions. It can irritate/hurt their skin and also isn't meant to be used very often.

Susanna
26th April 2009, 08:02 AM
I agree with not using the Furminator too often. I was using it every day, and now my poor baby has a coat that looks all choppy. I now use it every two weeks, and use the brush daily.

brotymo
26th April 2009, 11:30 PM
Karlin, Lizzie is beginning to blow her coat (she is about 2 weeks into her heat cycle). Would you recommend it for helping with that? Since I am showing her, I'd hate to do something that would botch up her coat.

kmatt
3rd May 2009, 07:53 PM
would you say this is a must have though?

Karlin
3rd May 2009, 08:54 PM
Would you recommend it for helping with that? Since I am showing her, I'd hate to do something that would botch up her coat.

I think you need advice from someone who shows and is familiar with this tool.

Masterofsparks
4th May 2009, 05:53 AM
Took the advice earlier in this thread and ordered one from Amazon and I was amazed at how well this tool worked and was accepted by Yoko. She was shedding quite a bit due to the recent summer weather and it got things under control for us!
:lpy:

pinkpuppy
4th May 2009, 05:55 AM
Don't use it on Lizzie. It will make her coat uneven.

brotymo
4th May 2009, 01:39 PM
Don't use it on Lizzie. It will make her coat uneven.

thank you for the advice!