• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Fun Day

Kate H

I'm organising a Cavalier Fun Day in Coventry on Saturday, 25 April. We're having a Companion Dog Show with 2 breed classes and 8 novelty classes judged by Margaret Carter, and 2 obedience classes judged by Dyane Jones, a respected obedience judge who also has a Cavalier with SM. There will also be Bronze Good Citizen testing, microchipping, a raffle, a photo competition on the theme of 'Cavaliers having Fun', a small have-a-go agility course, and an information table with info on health, finding a puppy, breed rescue, local training classes, etc. All proceeds to Dr Sarah Blott's Estimated Breeding Values research at the Animal Health Trust. Other breeds welcome if accompanied by a Cavalier! If you would like more information and a programme, please send me a PM with your postal address. If you're too far away to come, or doing something else that day, donations for rosettes would be very welcome (£1.50 will pay for two) - the less I have to pay for, the more money we can send to the AHT!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I am definitely coming with my three, and I am sure my friend Dominique is coming as well with Ebonys & Harleys sisters.
Sounds like a great day. :rah:

I'm really interested in this but don't seem to be able to PM you. Can I find out about venue and time any other way?

Many thanks and good luck - sounds a great idea.

Sending Private Messages

Hi Wagtails (do our Cavaliers' tails ever stop wagging?!)

To send a PM, click on 'Private Messages' in your Welcome box in the top right hand corner; then in the Control Panel, click Private Messages/Send New Message, and as Recipient username, put in Kate H

I've sent this as a PM to you as well. Great if you can come - more people = more fun = more money for a good cause!!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Margaret mentioned this to me and I'd LOVE to come but it's too far. I would love to enter Dylan for a novelty class somewhere. Let me know if you hear of one nearer to Essex. He's not a big tail wagger but I'm sure he's good for something. Maybe the highest pitched bark!! What are the other novelty classes?

Thank you, Kate, for replying to my post.

In the past I have sent several PMs to different people, but at the moment my Wagtails welcome box doesn't have the "Private Messages" option displayed and when I click on Wagtails I just get the following:

Wagtails, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
So there's no signof a PM from you either at the moment. I'm really puzzled.

Can anyone help me with this please? Moderator?

Many thanks

Margaret and I decided not to have a class for the Waggiest Tail - impossible to judge with Cavaliers! So we have got Junior Handler (children under 12), Little Stars (puppies 6-12 months), Handsomest Dog, Prettiest Bitch, Most Appealing Rescue, Happiest Veteran, Best 6 Legs (male dog and male human!), and Best Trick.

Pauline - if you google 'Companion Dog Shows' there's a website that lists them all; I think there are quite a few in Essex. They're great fun, and I know several people who have started serious competition obedience because their dog did well in a beginners class at a Companion Show.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi there, Kate H - it's me again.

Could you put up the link for your Companion Dog Show on here please. I've Googled "Companion Dog Shows", as you suggested, but cannot find a site which lists your show. I even found a site specificallyfor the Midlands, but there was nothing listed before 3rd May and I really would like to come to yours and meet my local Midland Cavvie addicts!

I'm STILL without a PM option in my Welcome Box, so I haven't received anything from you. I've now asked about this on the appropriate thread, so hope to get an answer now that this Board is back functioning OK.

Many thanks, Marie-Anne

Sorry you've had problems (though we have connected today!). If anyone wants a programme for the Fun Day, please email me at [email protected] or phone me on 024 7659 3694.

All we need now is good weather!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

thanks for the programme Kate, we should definately be coming -looks like a great day is planned:)

I am So looking forward to this. :w**h**:
Just hope the weather is going to stay nice. Who is coming from the forum?

Forecast (so far!) is dry with sunny intervals... Four forum members have asked for programmes - which doesn't mean they'll all be able to come, of course. Not sure how we're going to recognise each other - wear a label saying 'I belong to Cavalier Chat'?!

Look forward to seeing you,

Kate, Oliver and Aled

It takes one to know one! ;)

Wear labels with our Forum names perhaps?

Looking forward to meeting you there, whatever the weather. Am bringing piccies for the competition too :snap:

I am hoping to come... I will be the harrassed looking person with an 11 year old daughter.... a skinny blenheim, a tubby tri and a blind shih tzu :) I may just stand out a little :)

I'm also hoping to come (thanks for the programme by the way Kate!)

I'll be with my step daughter and Star (Blenheim) and Vinnie whose my hubby's dog and he's a Finnish Lapphund, looks like a mini wolf/bear.

I'll be wearing a pink t shirt with Hot Mamma on it just to be recognized by any forum members!

I ws hoping to come, but realised once I got programme (thanks Kate) that it was on the same day as a concert I am going to and I would be pushing it too much to get back for 6pm.:cry*ing: I do hope there is another one next year.
Have fun everyone.

Devilica

Do hope we manage to meet up at some point as I've just been asked to take on a Shih-tsu from an elderly lady who is now very ill in hospital. Have looked after older ones before, but this is a 9-month old youngster, so any tips you (or anyone else who reads this) can give me would be appreciated. They are very different from Cavaliers!

I'll be there with my 2-year old Blenheim Poppy (who looks like a cross with a Kooikerhondje, if you know what that's like, and willl be wearing her fleecy camouflage harness!)

Looking forward to seeing everybody there who can make it and glad to see weather might just hold out for the event :cool:

Marie-Anne

I am far away on the other side of the Pond but hope you all have a great time and good weather.

We are headed on Saturday to the Clumber Spaniel National (USA)Speciality near St. Louis, Missouri. This will be our third year. Our Cavalier comes with us and for three years running he has been the mascot for the Fun Games at Nationals. Everyone knows him so much so that when I am introduced to people they will say "Oh, your the one with the cute Cavalier."

Back