• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Little Happy Harry

davey

A week and a half ago I lost my little Harry...
Harry was got for me 2 and a half years ago as a present by my boyfriend after I begged for a dog for 6 months), and I fell in love with him immediately...he was just so adorable and just wanted to be loved I had been wanting a blenheim girl, and Harry was tri colour, and just cuddled into me and looked up at me as if saying 'pick me'... I made him a promise Id love him and protect him forever...I feel like I have broken that promise!
Harry came everywhere with me, my life revolved around him..and i loved having it revolve around him. He turned my life upside down..i loved it!!
We were after having the best weekend ever when it happened, playing ball andchasing bubbles on the beach for hours, both of us had a great time..Happy Harry (as I called him) was in his element :dogwlk:. When we came home I put a fire in the stove to dry him (as he had also been in the water) and he flaked out infront of the fire while I got to some paper work. Later that night we were snuggled up on the couch watchin tv and Harry wanted to go outside, so I let him, as usual. About 10 mins passed I wondered where he was, so i checked everwhere..no sign of him...with dread I checked the road..to my relief, no sign of him, so i continued searching both inside and outside...i then went and checked the road again...and there he was, right outside my wall...his collar was broken, apart from that he looked like he was just sleeping.
I still dont know how he got out on the road, and I cant believe that the person who hit him didnt even stop...my tel number was on his name tag.
I'm absolutely devastated that my best little pal is gone, and Im even more devastated as I feel like I let him down....he meant the world to me and now he is gone forever...RIP Happy Harry xxx 3 Nov 06 - 29 Mar 09 :paw:

losing your furbaby is extremely hard. I lost teddy not three weeks ago and have been devestated. I feel your pain, but know that he is in a better place and that he will look down upon you everyday.

Remember how he was and what he did to make you laugh.

Cry and continue to live because that is what Harry would want.

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my fur-baby two days before poor Harry and I know how painful it is. Grieve at your own pace and the happy memories will brighten while the raw pain ebbs. He isn't truly gone...he will always hold a special place in your heart.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. What an awful thing to have happen to you. It sounds like you loved your boy very much and gave him a wonderful life. I'm so sorry.

I am so very sorry to read this story. I cannot believe that someone could be so very cruel as to hit an animal with a vehicle and leave him or her lying there.

If you are in the UK it might be worth informing the police as it is illegal to drive away without reporting it.

RIP Happy Harry *ng*l and :flwr: for you.

So sorry for your loss -- it is hard to think that the memories of Happy Harry will comfort you but eventually they will. :hug:

Oh I'm so sorry it was awful to hear this. I'm sure you'll look back on all your happy memories together. Take care :hug:

So sorry to hear about Harry. You are amongst so many friends here and we all understand and feel your pain. Just remember that his memory will stay in your heart forever.:hug:

Hi, thank you all so much for your lovely kind words.... :) Kmatt..sorry to hear about Teddy...Cynnalia...sorry to hear about your little pal as well..I dont know what else to say...its just such a horrible empty feeling :(

Back