• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harley been referred

harleyfarley

Harley has been referred to a orthopaedic surgeon on wed, its means a travelling to Kent, im making of list of what i need to ask, like do i need to cut his coat short prior to an operation etc I just hope he will do the operation after all this work on his diet and exercise, still he is in much better shape but finding it harder ever day to be an energetic, Ill let you all know how he gets on, think of us, wed 10.15 and keep everything crossed. Lastest pic of harley reading his emails, di

harleyatwork002.jpg

No you don't need to cut his coat. They will shave his leg in the area for the surgery.

Good luck on your visit!

Good luck with the appointment Di.
Harley looks very happy with his e mails, just don't let him buy any shares on line;)
Sins

Good luck for weds Di. are you going on your own? i took friends with me when i took Rubes to the consultant recently cos in the stress of the day my friends could pick up/understand anything i didnt-but then im half deaf! on a normal vets visit i take a note pad with me so later i can check how often for tablets etc

my daughter is going with me, i need to check on exercise and supplements - do i carry on as the vets instruction ? I think the notepad is a very good idea ill sort one out in a min, thanks for all your good wishes, di

Man Harley your carpal tunnel must be killing you. I recommend that you get a keyboard rest. It should help greatly with the pain you feel in your wrists. Also a good Alleve does wonders! Best of luck!
:pi*no:

Harley is a cutie.:lotsaluv:
All the best for Harley and you on Wednesday. It’s good you are taking your daughter.

Hope everything goes well for Harley and you on Wednesday, I have read your posts and I know that you have worked really hard to get his weight down, love the photo of him at the laptop.:)

Is he doing a bit of online shopping!! All thhe very best wishes for wednesday :)

yes he is bidding on the cav stuff put on by margaret on ebay, hmmm

thank you all for your support, its been a tough few months, but im glad we got there, just got harley a new harness and seatbelt clip so he can comfortable on the journey. Ive got bottled water and sweeties, oh must take harley a few buscuits not that he normally eats between 8 and 4 anyway. Got his xrays as well for the vet, so much to remember. :confused: We are leaving at 8, never been there before, and will be going along A12, M25 at peak rush hour.
Wish id asked if it was possible to make it a bit later, oh well, ill just have to be super organised tonight then. di

Back from our visit, the vet look at the xrays and examined harley, he isnt sure that a hip replacement is the answer, firstly its a much smaller hip area and he doesnt have the equipment, although he could get some if need be.
Secondly even by twisting and pulling the joint harley isnt that bothered, and he thinks he would be in extreme pain. He has suggested keeping harley on a low dose of ramadil and see how he goes, ive to ring him in a month in the meantime he will try and get a small hip kit if needs be. It seems to be that harley hip joint is not in the socket, and he get pain whenever its tugged. Im not sure wether to be happy or not, h*lp

i love the new smilies by the way :mona:

Forgot to add that he did say he wondered if its signs of sm, i said i havent noticed much itching or licking, but he said it has such a wide range of symptoms he wouldnt rule out the sudden yelps of pain - at least he is well up on sm then. di

no advice from me im afraid but just to say i bet youre glad to have got thro the day in one piece:) have you any finger nails left!
certainly some conflicting vets advice there so i hope others on here can make some sense of it

Hmm this is not what I was hoping to read tonight. I'm more confused than ever now. Perhaps go back to orig vet and ask for referral to neurologist this time?

Back