• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

HELP!!! I think my 4 month old girl may have mated with a Samoyed?!

fg83

I was in the lounge, and my girl, Jazz, was in the garden.
After a while, I thought 'hm, she's been quiet for a while'
When i went out there was next door's HUGE Samoyed, and poor little Jazz was pinned to the ground :shock:
The big male Samoyed, was licking her :eek: lady parts. . .
But he may of been there quite a while, now Im worried my poor girl has been mated well before her time- and by a Massive Samoyed!!!
Is this sort of mating even possible? Samoyed/ cavalier king charles, and could little Jazz 18 weeks old, be pregnant?? Or even hurt??
She's kind of holding her tail out funny, but doesn't seem distressed/ upset in any way. . . Am I worrying for no reason? Please help, Fiona:confused:

Your wee one would not be fertile at this age - but it does stress the importance of ALWAYS making sure you know where your bitch is when she is in season...

Dogs will clear all sorts of barriers to get to an in season bitch, and don't forget that bitches will try to escape too.

I think you need to get your puppy to a vet as soon as possible - he may well have hurt her, hopefully nothing permanent but best to get her checked out. It's possible that he was just showing interest in licking her vulva - most male dogs would do this - but it is concerning that she is acting strangely. I assume you would have heard if she'd cried out? - bitches usually cry when they are mated, especially by such a big dog.

would take her to the vet asap as she may have been hurt by such a large dog - if i was you i wouldnt leae her in the garden on her own again if this dog is able to enter your garden its far too risky that she may get hurt

Is she even in season? Youd know by her swollen (very obvious) vulva and the bloody discharge (that smells awful). They are in season for a couple of weeks before they reach the fertile stage of their heat cycle. My Pixie went into heat at barely 5 months of age for the first time, but four months sounds really early. Lizzie at 6 and a half months still hasn't had a heat cycle yet.

Hi

I do so hope shes OK and not physically or mentally hurt ,my three girls all had their first season between 6-7 months. Let us all know how she is.:(

I would have the vet check her over too just in case he's hurt her, l hope she's ok but better safe than sorry

your poor little girl...take her to the vet and then make an appointment for a spay. She will be so less tempting for other dogs and healthier too. Her chances of mammary cancer will go down and she will avoid the life threatening infection of pyrometria. Pyrometria is infection of the uterus. It is painful and very dangerous. The only way to effectively treat this is by complete hysterectomy. This deadly infection is avoidable through early spaying. Good luck!

Infantile ovariohystectomies aren't usually suggested. IT is one of the things that will nullify my health guarantee. I'd wait until at least 26 weeks. My vet HATES doing OHysterectomies on any female younger than 20 weeks. There are health benefits/costs to 'being natural OR being spay'.

Jazz

Hi All, Thank you so much for your replies.
I'm very pleased to say Jazz is absolutely fine, and vet thinks it's extremely unlikely the Samoyed penetrated her. So think I just over-reacted thank goodness!
:jump:

Back