PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bella

JenniferP
15th April 2009, 09:38 AM
I haven't been on here for a while, but thought I'd just do a quick post to say my dog Bella died yesterday, and to thank everyone on here for their advice and support in the past.

It was very sudden, she had breathing difficulties and severe sickness which got worse over the course of the day. By the time we got to the emergency vet she could hardly breathe and was coughing up blood. She was put down but practically dead anyway. She was 8 and her murmer first developed when she was 5 I think. It was a bad murmer and has cost us no end of worry, and thousands of pounds, literally.

As much as I love cavs, I don't think I will be getting anymore, not until someone can gaurantee me on health side, which I think will take a very long time?

:(

Karlin
15th April 2009, 10:39 AM
I'm so sorry Jennifer. How difficult and sad for you to lose Bella at such a relatively young age when you should have had many more years together. Such a loss can only be very, very distressing. Thank you for letting us know and I know many thoughts and prayers from board members will be with you.

meljoy
15th April 2009, 02:28 PM
Im so sorry to read this. Just wanted to send love at this sad time.

Mel X

Ciren
15th April 2009, 02:33 PM
Massive hugs, try and take comfort that you did all you could and whatever time you had with her it was happy.

JenniferP
15th April 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. She had a great life and we made eachother happy! And hopefully she didn't suffer too much until the last day. xx

James
15th April 2009, 02:55 PM
I so sorry to hear of Bella, her final day sounds similar to my Toby's.

Much sympathy.

Brian M
15th April 2009, 03:02 PM
Hi

And so sorry to hear you lost Bella ,I am glad you have some happy memories to keep near your heart.

Sandrac
15th April 2009, 03:40 PM
So sorry to hear about your sad loss. Her memory will stay forever in your heart.:flwr:

linderbelle
15th April 2009, 03:47 PM
Oh Jen I'm so sorry. Their lives are short enough as it is. Try to remember how much joy she did bring you in her short life. Hugs.

Daisy's Mom
15th April 2009, 03:49 PM
Like others, I am so sorry to hear about Bella. I'll be thinking about you today.

Cathy T
15th April 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Bella. Your previous posts told us that she was having problems with MVD. I'm sorry it progressed so badly. I can only imagine the worries you've been through in dealing with this for 3 years. I, too, am hopefuly she wasn't suffering, doesn't sound like she was. You gave her a wonderful life. Rest well Bella.

Aileen
15th April 2009, 04:42 PM
I am so very sorry
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Cynnalia
15th April 2009, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

vikki
15th April 2009, 06:40 PM
((((jennifer & family)))

DeeDee
15th April 2009, 06:53 PM
Jennifer you and you family have my deepest sympathy. I lost my Max when he was only 7 !/2 to MVD. He also went very fast at the end and we had to have him PTS. This breed is so easy to give our hearts to.

Take care,
DeeDee
mom to Bailey and Mollie

tupup
15th April 2009, 08:17 PM
im so sorry for your loss, thinking of you, take care Xx:hug:

brotymo
16th April 2009, 02:28 AM
Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry about Bella. Hugs to you as you grieve for her.

cb2u
16th April 2009, 02:40 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

May the passage of time help ease your sorrow, and may happy memories of Bella warm your heart.

PamH
17th April 2009, 06:11 PM
Hugs from me and licks from maddy.
Pam

Nicki
17th April 2009, 11:25 PM
So very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious Bella.

I have lost dogs at a similar age and it's horrid - you feel cheated.,

Try to remember the happy times and the love you shared together - in time the pain eases and you can look back with happiness.

Maybe one day you will feel able to open your heart and life to another dog, and perhaps even another Cavalier. Sadly all dogs will eventually develop health problems - this is the sadness we have to face for having them in our lives.

Dublin
18th April 2009, 07:31 PM
So very sorry to hear your news.

Run free little Bella, you'll be among good company.

harrysmum
18th April 2009, 08:55 PM
Its so sad to lose a much loved family member, thinking of you :):)

team bella
18th April 2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Bella was lucky to have a lovely mum :hug:

*Pauline*
19th April 2009, 12:03 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know. :hug: :flwr: