• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

RIP Bella

JenniferP

I haven't been on here for a while, but thought I'd just do a quick post to say my dog Bella died yesterday, and to thank everyone on here for their advice and support in the past.

It was very sudden, she had breathing difficulties and severe sickness which got worse over the course of the day. By the time we got to the emergency vet she could hardly breathe and was coughing up blood. She was put down but practically dead anyway. She was 8 and her murmer first developed when she was 5 I think. It was a bad murmer and has cost us no end of worry, and thousands of pounds, literally.

As much as I love cavs, I don't think I will be getting anymore, not until someone can gaurantee me on health side, which I think will take a very long time?

:(

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Jennifer. How difficult and sad for you to lose Bella at such a relatively young age when you should have had many more years together. Such a loss can only be very, very distressing. Thank you for letting us know and I know many thoughts and prayers from board members will be with you.

Massive hugs, try and take comfort that you did all you could and whatever time you had with her it was happy.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. She had a great life and we made eachother happy! And hopefully she didn't suffer too much until the last day. xx

I so sorry to hear of Bella, her final day sounds similar to my Toby's.

Much sympathy.

Hi

And so sorry to hear you lost Bella ,I am glad you have some happy memories to keep near your heart.

Oh Jen I'm so sorry. Their lives are short enough as it is. Try to remember how much joy she did bring you in her short life. Hugs.

I'm sorry to hear about Bella. Your previous posts told us that she was having problems with MVD. I'm sorry it progressed so badly. I can only imagine the worries you've been through in dealing with this for 3 years. I, too, am hopefuly she wasn't suffering, doesn't sound like she was. You gave her a wonderful life. Rest well Bella.

Jennifer you and you family have my deepest sympathy. I lost my Max when he was only 7 !/2 to MVD. He also went very fast at the end and we had to have him PTS. This breed is so easy to give our hearts to.

Take care,
DeeDee
mom to Bailey and Mollie

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

May the passage of time help ease your sorrow, and may happy memories of Bella warm your heart.

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious Bella.

I have lost dogs at a similar age and it's horrid - you feel cheated.,

Try to remember the happy times and the love you shared together - in time the pain eases and you can look back with happiness.

Maybe one day you will feel able to open your heart and life to another dog, and perhaps even another Cavalier. Sadly all dogs will eventually develop health problems - this is the sadness we have to face for having them in our lives.

Back