PDA

View Full Version : Great Soft Travel Crate

cy1266
16th April 2009, 11:23 PM
I just bought the best soft travel (collapsable) crate! I volunteer with The Greater Chicago Cavalier Rescue, and when I was working at the CERF/cardio clinic a few weeks ago another volunteer had the greatest crate for her dogs. It's the "Noz2Noz Sof-Krate". Mine were in my Vari Kennel, which is great for the car, but not so great for sitting around for a few hours since it's kind of dark and not too spacious.

I went to PetCo/PetSmart and the 36" crate, which easily fits 2 Cavaliers and could definitely fit a third, was $200. I found it (new) on Amazon.com for $93, no tax and free shipping! There are 2 smaller sizes and 1 larger size. It has an aluminum frame and is very sturdy, the canvas is thick and there are 3 entry points (front, side and top). It collapses and folds up flat and has a handle for carrying it around. The dogs LOVE it, and the cats like to lie on top of it while the dogs are in the crate :rotfl:It looks pretty silly, but I'm glad all 4 animals are enjoying it. I should take a picture next time, it's pretty funny.

Anyways, I just wanted to pass it along in case anyone was looking for a soft, collapsable crate - it takes about 30 seconds to set up and take down, and it can be stored away much easier than a metal crate. Here's the link, and a picture is below: http://www.amazon.com/Firstrax-667-Noz2Noz-Sof-Krate-Model/dp/B000P9TNLI/ref=pd_sim_k_3/181-9190807-6516954

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3339/3448665504_566f081dfd.jpg?v=0

katc10
17th April 2009, 07:28 AM
We have one very similar to this! I think I got ours for $30 from someplace online. It has been a wonder for taking our two Cavs anywhere. We originally got it for taking them to the race track with us when we do to driving events, and it is a great babysitter and napping spot. Ours opens on one end and the top, and has screens all around. Glad you are enjoying yours as well!

Here is them the first weekend we had Charlie (Indy was NOT amused!)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/430057354_4e8da9ba56.jpg

A recent trip to a relative's house
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3358017425_7c535f641e.jpg

Sabby
17th April 2009, 03:42 PM
I got the same one from Pet Smart in a burgundy colour. It was about 53 but I got it down to 20 because the zip at the top was broken, and when we got home my husband fixed it. Got a bargain and the dogs love it.

Brenda in SC
17th April 2009, 04:15 PM
Your timing couldn't be better! We are travelling next month and OH said we had to do something to keep from hauling that huge plastic kennel that Rudy sleeps in. This will be perfect!
:thnku:for posting your find.

Cathy T
17th April 2009, 04:47 PM
I have one similar to that and love it! We take it to our concernts in the park series during the summer. When we're ready to have our dinner we just pop the dogs in and keep the top open. They can see out, we can see in and everyone is happy. The other one I really like is the pop up kennel from Target by Boots and Barkley. I keep one in the back of my car for emergency purposes and we take it with us when we travel. It like that it folks up flat and doesn't take up any room. We use it when traveling to kennel one dog during dinner time.

pinkpuppy
17th April 2009, 09:37 PM
I have the small one and it fits great in my suitcase and the little guy loves it wherever it's pop open for napping.

Nicki
17th April 2009, 11:38 PM
These are brilliant for when you arrrive at your destination - easy to set up and good for keeping your dog safe, as long as they are already crate trained - one of my boys decided he didn't like being shut in and tried to claw his way out :sl*p: leaving a very attractive shredded crate:swear:

They are NOT suitable for use whilst travelling in the car though - the varikennels or similar are best for this, in preference to a wire crate. Alternatively a secure doggie seatbelt, designed for the purpose is useful.

tupup
26th May 2009, 04:02 PM
Hi ive just found this one & ordered it, can say the company *tested on animals* is great having got two of our beds there a while ago:)

http://www.testedonanimals.biz/products/folding_fabric_pet_crate_dog_carrier_oxford_600d_b lue

jld
26th May 2009, 04:59 PM
I like the looks of that crate. I need one to take to agility trials. Cy, what size do you think I would need for 1 dog? She weighs 16 lbs. ? Thanks, Judy

chloe92us
26th May 2009, 06:41 PM
I have one of these, too but I can't use it for Ollie unless I face the opening end against something. He has figured out how to open the zipper!

Brian M
26th May 2009, 09:56 PM
Hi

Very similar to three I got last when we up to the Northumberland coastline as it meant I could leave my big metal crate in the car .So the first night I set the three up downstairs in the cottage all next to each other with Rosie in the middle and we went to bed ,within 5 minutes Daisy was up on the bed snoring down my ear ,mustn't of closed it correctly took Daisy down and tried again ,this time 3 minutes and she was upstairs .Took her down put her in and watched behind the door and within seconds of pretending to leave she had gripped the zip with her teeth unzipped and out ,so for the rest of that holiday I slept in another bedroom with the girls Dawn had the huge master bedroom on her own and Luke had his own bedroom so that was that:confused:.Early July this year we have another cottage on the shore of Lake Bassenthwaite just outside Keswick in the Lakes but I haven't thought yet about who's going to sleep where and with whom.:)

cy1266
26th May 2009, 11:43 PM
Cy, what size do you think I would need for 1 dog? She weighs 16 lbs. ? Thanks, Judy

Judy, ,I would guess the 26" crate would work for 1 16lb Cavalier? You might want to call the company to verify, but that would be my guess :)

I have one of these, too but I can't use it for Ollie unless I face the opening end against something. He has figured out how to open the zipper!

There's a clip that clips the zippers together at the top right corner of the crate to prevent sneaky little dogs from escaping :cool:

jld
27th May 2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks, I am going to order one. I went to Petsmart and saw it. And, you are so right. It is so much more expensive there. I am so glad you posted this, as I needed to get one. Judy :D

SuzRN
27th May 2009, 04:10 AM
Trisha, Chelsea figured that out the second day she was in her portable crate. If this one has a double zipper or 2 tags on the door(zips both ways, hope not confusing you) buy a climbers clip style carabiner or sometimes you can find small ones with key chains. Anything that will clip the zippers together, I have a small clip carabiner from a work givaway that works great.

jld
27th May 2009, 04:55 AM
Wow, smart dogs....I wonder if Dixie will figure it out???????

Dublin
27th May 2009, 03:30 PM
I saw these in wackers pet shop (longmile rd, Dublin 12) at the weekend - they do a nice big one that I think would fit my 2 in for I think it was just under 100. They also do hexagonal shaped ones - not quite sure what the point of that is but they looked nice!!!

ClevelandCavs
29th May 2009, 02:41 AM
Ahh... that looks good for my trip comming up! :thmbsup: