• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fly Catching

linderbelle

I'm just curious on what you all have to say on this one. Bentley our 17 month old has done the invisible fly catching deal. Last night on my lap he did it 3 times and I've seen it maybe for a couple months now. Not real often and usually only a max of twice but usually only once when he does do it. I know when I take Abbey into neurologist next time I'm going to ask him about it and see what he says but just curious on what you all say.

Like I said I'm not paranoid BUT if there is some neurological problems I'd like to catch it early and not be a replica of Abbey.

This seems to be a common problem in cavaliers amongst other breeds. It is believed to be neurological but usually not a big issue. It is sometimes associated with SM. It can be reinforced as a behavioural problem though if handled the wrong way. There's info out on the web on flycatching and cavaliers (also try searching the site here as it comes up regularly so there will be archive posts).

Back