• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Strange behavior

ilsamom

I just had the strangest experience with Ilsa and am a bit nervous still. We were having a lovely Sunday, we walked this morning, played a lot in the house and ate treats. Then I took her for a walk. She walked a bit and did her business and then walked home. I was hungry so stopped at a local cafe where we go often and had a sandwich. Usually she sits quietly next to me as I eat - or if she wants to sleep she goes in her bag - but today she was pulling like crazy. I thought she had to go again or just wanted to walk more so I ate and paid quickly.

Instead she ran home like her tail was on fire (about half a block) ran up the stairs instead of taking the lift and jumped into my bed. She licked me for about 5 minutes and went to sleep. She is 4 1/2 years old and this has never happened before. She seemed active and happy with a good appetite all day so I am wondering what happened. I thought maybe she had a premonition that something bad would happen. It was almost like she saw a ghost or had a panic attack.

If anybody has any ideas - I'd be grateful. I am still freaked out!

Jen and Ilsa

PS.

I have just inspected her thoroughly and she did not catch a flea nor does she appear to be in any pain. She is happily having her tummy rubbed in bed.

Jen and Ilsa

I had a similar experience long ago, except we were in our car. My dog, Heidi, who had been perfectly fine all day suddenly started barking and wailing desperately as we were driving up a road into a bad area of the city (projects, drug dealing, etc.) I could not calm her down and it was so extremely creepy that we did a three point turn right on the road and headed in the opposite direction - Heidi immediately calmed down and returned to her normal self. I have always thought she had a premonition of something terrible, but there is no way to prove it!

Very interesting you two--meaning Jen and Cathy. Ok Jen now if you tell us there was a murder at that cafe 5 minutes after you left I am going to be freaked. That is weird--interesting. Dogs senses are so much better than we are.

When we were living in London (long before we had Cavaliers) my Husband took our Honey a Cross between a German shepherd and a Doberman for her evening walk on a very busy road at about 6pm. I used to go with him but that evening I was not feeling well. When my Husband returned from his walk he said that the strangest thing had happened. Taking in consideration that even being a big dog our Honey was as gentle as our cavaliers and in 15 years I never have seen her show her teeth or being aggressive, even my small dog used to boss her about. When they were walking she was walking in front of my husband she suddenly stopped and got behind my husband and refused to walk any further. She was starting to growl aggressively and even showed her teeth. My husband noticed that there was a guy behind them. My Husband was talking to Honey and the guy just stopped and she was getting more and more aggressive so the guy just crossed over to the other site and Honey immediately stopped. The next day we heard that someone got mugged and badly beaten thirty minutes later in that same area. Coincident? My Husband doesn’t think so.

Back