• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Which are best??

tupup

hiya, can i get your opinions on these please? which are the best stairs to get to go next to our bed? ive seen a plastic type with carpet treads or foam sheepskin covered types- do your furbabes prefer one or the other.
then raised feeding bowls, ive seen metal ones that look like theyd be easy to tip over? or the ones like a little table with the bowls set in, pine/mdf etc & also completly plastic ones with bowls set in:confused: any preferences? what height do i need if its a fixed size,as a rough measurement rubes stands approx 30cms to her shoulder when shes in a sit.
lastly do any of you use cooling jackets& if so which one?
thank you, i have no more pesky questions-for today!(y)

I have these steps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DELUXE-Doggy-Dog-Pet-Steps-Washable-Lightweight-NEW_W0QQitemZ280327490511QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item280327490511&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I like them but my bed is quite high so I need to pull the duvet back before Dylan gets up. You don't need them to be the hight of your bed as the bed acts as the last step up if you know what I mean.

I have two plastic food tubs and I put Dylan's heavy ceramic food bowls on these. They never slip off. I don't like the metal ones on stands for the same reason as you. I'll take a picture for you later.

I haven't heard of cooling jackets.

I have the plastic steps with carpet. Mindy likes them just fine (although she won't go down them - just up). Max has yet to figure them out and since the bed is the only place that Mindy can go that he can't I'm not encouraging him. Our room is small so getting on the steps takes a bit of co-ordination.

Here is what I use to raise Dylan's bowls.

3457363704_52d7d088d2.jpg

Not very high but fine for Dylan.

3457360944_d5d8b1ce6f.jpg

Thank you for those, chloe92us theyre very similar to some ive seen & look lovely, rubes is used to having a big scrunchie all round her head,loves it knows her dinner is coming! if i just tied her ears up in it she hated that tho:rolleyes:
pauline thank you for the fab "action" shots of your lovely Dylan:D great idea &those were a set of steps id looked at but couldnt decide on so much appreciated

We have the plastic ones that are carpeted also and Abbey goes up them fine but not down. Right now Hubby is making something a little better. I think they need to be a little higher. What we are making is like a platform on the top and then a ramp to go down. My concern is the nightime when we are asleep so I have to have something that she will go down and not jump. I was told by the neurologist that jumping off the bed is an absolute no no.

I know Mindysmom, Brotymo and myself and maybe others have said that their dogs won't go down those ones. Somebody posted a couple days ago this link from ebay but said it takes alot of room.

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-tall-Ramp-Dog-steps-Cat-furniture-Pet-stairs-New_W0QQitemZ320359799294QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item320359799294&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

It wasn't me that posted the above link but the person highly recommended the above.

We have the stairs that are completely covered in carpet and they are fine for up but not down as others have posted. Also, my in-laws golden that stays with us some wouldn't use them so we put a nice bench at the foot of our bed. The dogs go up the stairs and down via the bench.

The bench isn't perfect but with a 36" high bed, I feel better that they jump off of an 18" bench than that high of a bed.

The raised bowls we have are linked below...we had an 8" 3 bowl set custom made with two pint sized side bowls for food and a middle quart sized bowl for water. Our dogs have no problem eating in close proximity to each other...we still hover while they eat to be sure but dinner time only lasts about 30 seconds in our house so this is not a burden :)

The feeder was a bit $pricey$ but it makes for a simple and clean feeding area in our kitchen and almost 3years later we still love it. I think we paid $80 for it.

http://www.trendypet.com/

Back