PDA

View Full Version : Plse sign this petition..

tupup
20th April 2009, 06:57 PM
Petition To The CKCS re:Adoption of The SM Breeding Guidelines.
hi everyone,
Please find link as below for an online petition for which we would like as many members as possible to sign re:the above, we will then print it off and forward to the CKCS to show that, we as purely pet owners are abhorred at the recent decision by members of the CKCS Club to exclude the SM breeding guidelines into the Code of Ethics and request therefore that the Committee re-present this proposal for inclusion at the earliest opportunity

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cDRJV2dGMkpUTldCanNEZDNkNC1hUXc6M A

The end date is no later than Friday 15th May '09

tupup
20th April 2009, 07:46 PM
:thnku::thnku::thnku::thnku: To Brian M & his friend Steve for doing all the technical stuff, & his patience with me for being useless at said stuff!!
Ive signed it & put that Ruby is waiting for a scan in the comments box then put her age in info box.
Please sign it& if youve friends with cavalier kc's get them to sign it too if you can, the more sigs the louder the message!
thanks all in advance for your support:):):)
:thmbsup::lotsaluv:

TriTitch
20th April 2009, 08:19 PM
Signed ;)

Andy's mum
20th April 2009, 08:32 PM
Signed too:thmbsup:

frecklesmom
20th April 2009, 08:33 PM
Signed. Even tho' in US my Dazzle is UK registered.

Ciren
20th April 2009, 09:43 PM
when will the non KC registered petition go up?

tupup
20th April 2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Ciren, my girls not kc reg'd i just put a line thro that bit ;)

Brian M
20th April 2009, 10:25 PM
Hello

Just to make all fully aware the intention for the petition is for it to be signed by all Cavalier pet owners from Katmandu to Lilliput ,our Steve and his mates at Nasa are currently hard at work scouring the outer galaxcies,so pls sign it is as it is meant for all people from any part of the planet even though it will go to the UK CKCS.

At a given end date say the 12 th May the petition will be printed off and sent at the same time as a petition from CKCS members to the CKCS Clubs committee in support of its aims for SM testing to be included in the code of ethics just prior to their meeting which I believe is approx the 27 th May ,so we need as many signatures as possible from Cavalier pet owning people who just want to help our beautiful little dogs that in return give us pet owners so much pleasure and love.

Also if some wish to just sign the form and forward it thats fine ,but it would be handy if you can post on CT that you have just so we get an idea
of numbers ,but that is not essential .We also wish to thank Karlin for allowing us to organise this on her website and also thank the many highly influential and well respected people in the Cavalier World that have privately voiced their support and are cheering us pet owners on from the side.

With Thanks and Best Wishes to All

Brian ,Dawn and Luke
Poppy,Daisy,Rosie and Ami:)

ilsamom
20th April 2009, 10:27 PM
Thank you for pointing that out - I had thought it was only for UK dog owners.
Jen and Ilsa

Brian M
20th April 2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Again ,sorry I forgot

KC registered or not doesnt matter a jot so long as you have a Cavalier thats the important part cos they are all wonderful pets .:-)

Cathy Moon
20th April 2009, 10:49 PM
How much information should we include with our signatures?

For those of us who bought our dogs from show breeders, would it be helpful to name UK kennel names in their 5 generation pedigrees, especially if the sires/dams or grandparents are in UK and UK registered? Is it helpful to state how much we paid for each cavalier and to state which hereditary health issues (SM, MVD, etc.) each cavalier has, how much it costs to diagnose, monitor and treat the diseases?

I just scrolled down on the form, and saw 'purchase price', 'kc registered name' - but what if we have multiple cavaliers? Should we sign once for each dog? Or try to fit all dogs' info onto one signature?

tupup
20th April 2009, 11:07 PM
Hi Cathy Moon, sounds good to me the more info the better:D i put in about suspected SM, how much i paid for little 'un, as much as i could really given ive no history on her 1st 4years.
Now then Brian, the end date is no later than the 15th may for the liaison meeting on the 24th may! its been a mighty long day tho so dont take that as a criticism:D

Karlin
21st April 2009, 01:26 AM
I think at this time it isn't appropriate to list all cavaliers in a pedigree as elements of it (eg particular dogs) may or may not be relevant to why one particular dog goes on to develop symptomatic SM. Because inheritance is not yet understood and is most likely fairly complex, and because many who might read a list of background dogs do not understand it isn't a simple case of all those dogs being directly 'responsible', I think it is best simply to name one's own dog if desired.

On the other hand, if this petition only goes directly to the club and isn't publicly viewed then including pedigree lines may be appropriate.

Justine
21st April 2009, 08:36 AM
Done.

Brian M
21st April 2009, 08:51 AM
Hi Cathy

I think the petition is really to indicate to the CKCS that the majority of the ordinary pet owning public are far from happy with the ongoing problems that always seem to surface from within the Club itself ,and after all as we are Mr and Mrs Averge that are buying/adopting/recueing the vast majority of puppies that are produced by breeders good and bad our opinion doesnt seem to have been taken into much account in anyway ,so we hope that by voicing our concern at what is happening within the club with ref to SM breeding guidelines and The Code of Ethics it might dawn on some people that without us lot buying all these puppies all that pet food and paying substantial sums of money to many vets all over the world there would not be many Cavaliers and certainly fewer breeders about.
Cathy as I have three young lady Cavaliers I am going to sign the petition three times and I think people can put as much or less information on the form as they want ,all we ask is that as many people sign it as possible ,ideally it would be superb if the amount of signatures equalled the amount of members on Karlins forum ,the famous Cavalier Talk Website ,that would make some statement to the Club.:)

jasperpaw
21st April 2009, 09:19 AM
Done - thanks to tupup, Brian and his mate for getting this organized.

diddy
21st April 2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks Brian. Done.

BIZA
21st April 2009, 10:01 AM
I know i'm being thick but can i sign 7 times as i have 7 rescues. Should i use there pet names as i have no papers as x puppy farm stock

the doll
21st April 2009, 10:25 AM
Signed!:lotsaluv:

Ciren
21st April 2009, 10:32 AM
I think the petition is really to indicate to the CKCS that the majority of the ordinary pet owning public are far from happy with the ongoing problems that always seem to surface from within the Club itself

sorry but if its about the pet owning public why is there a bit for the KC name?

Charlifarley
21st April 2009, 10:35 AM
Done for both dogs. Thanks for organising this Brian.

Brian M
21st April 2009, 11:13 AM
Hi BIZA

From what I think seven Cavaliers equals seven signatures ,just because you are an extremely lucky and wonderfull person to have SEVEN they and you must be something special.:):):):):):):)

Hi Ciren

The reason we put the option to include their K C name or whatever official name applies in different parts of the world ,was simply to show that some of our pets originate from some of the top show / breeding people that could have voted against the inclusion of the SM breeding guidelines into The Code of Ethics .Ciren so this part is only an option not a necessity so hopefully this answers your query and we would dearly (pls,pls,pls:) ) love to see your name on the petition just as we would dearly love to see the names of all Cavalier pet owners from any part of the world ,to show and make a big Statement that we do matter even though we may or may not be part of a Club and we may or may not breed or show Cavaliers but that we the general public should be considered when it comes to the Health and Wefare of our beloved little dogs.:):):)

Ciren
21st April 2009, 11:31 AM
oh i already signed :D was just a bit niggled :D

Sandrac
21st April 2009, 11:53 AM
done!

Dublin
21st April 2009, 12:47 PM
Signed it now!

harleyfarley
21st April 2009, 01:13 PM
Ive done it now Brian, thanks for directing me. di

Wagtails
21st April 2009, 02:57 PM
Signed on behalf of my three precious girls - one aged 10 years with SM, one aged 8 years with MVD and one healthily holding her breath at the age of 2!!

Somehow we've just GOT to get rid of these awful diseases

Marie-Anne

Brian M
21st April 2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Marie Ann

So sorry you are having such a difficult time and how very sad for you and your girls ,I do so thank you for signing the petition and just hope that all our combined efforts have the desired effect and that it helps bring an earlier end to these horrible afflictions that cause such devastation to our Cavaliers and good people like yourself.:(

With Kindest Wishes
and thanks
Brian and tupup

Basil
21st April 2009, 05:31 PM
Signed :)

Jasperxxgabby
21st April 2009, 05:31 PM
Done :thmbsup:.
:thnku:

Rj Mac
21st April 2009, 05:39 PM
Signed :D:thmbsup:

HollyDolly
21st April 2009, 06:10 PM
Hello Brian and tuup.

I feel as Margaret C that, as a member of the CKCS Club and have already signed a petition to add SM guidelines to the Code Of Ethics that it would be better left to non members of club.
I want you know that it gladdens my heart to know you are all doing this for our lovely breed and I want to send my biggest THANKYOU.

Nanette

tupup
21st April 2009, 07:39 PM
:D:D Thank you everyone so far:thmbsup: Youre all stars!:D wouldnt it be wonderful if with ours & the CKCS Club members petition they had no choice but to include this into Code of Ethics at the meeting on the 24th! i would love to be a fly on the wall! if we get tons of sigs theyve got to take note havnt they, with us "joe public" buying/adopting & rescueing our wonderful breed, with only so many getting kept for further breeding or showing thats a lot of pups & a lot of money as Brian says,so our humble opinions have to count too!
Then sadly we are also the ones who have to watch our beautiful furbabes suffer these terrible illnesses, Marie-Ann im sorry to hear that your two are affected:(, it just breaks your heart doesnt it, im taking ruby to be MRI'd on tuesday, i have explained to her that the time ive spent busy doing this might not help her but it should help lots of little ones in the future! i think she understood;)
:lotsaluv:
warmest wishes
Tupup & Brian who will be back later!

rosiesmum
21st April 2009, 07:57 PM
Signed :thmbsup:

tupup
21st April 2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Nanette,
It really means a LOT to have your support, thank you:D
completely understand that you& Margeret C have your club members petition& agree that ours, in support of yours, is for non club people only,well those who have cavaliers. ive been telling friends about our petition& said to some"you cant sign it,you got no cavaliers you poor souls!":lol:
very best wishes
Gx

Karlin, can i just second Brian's thank you for letting us do this on your fab site,without it & all your members we wouldnt have been able to even begin. i do appreciate it, thank you:D

Brian M
21st April 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi

Poppy has signed but I typed for he:)r

harrysmum
21st April 2009, 10:35 PM
Done:thmbsup:

Brian M
22nd April 2009, 08:37 AM
Hi nanette

I knew you would be there cheering us on ,my apologies though I keep on forgetting that you posh CKCS members:( have your own petition running,so many thanks to all those that we know are shouting us on from the sidelines.:)

Sabby
22nd April 2009, 10:07 AM
Rosie & Ebony & Harley have signed.

:mexwav:

meljoy
22nd April 2009, 10:11 AM
Hi,
We've signed:p

BIZA
22nd April 2009, 11:00 AM
Have signed 7 times for the mob hope it helps

Margaret C
22nd April 2009, 07:09 PM
I thought this was such a wonderful idea, pet owners & breeders campaigning for the same thing, I put a post on the cavalierchat forum.

http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=5512#post5512

Margaret C

frecklesmom
22nd April 2009, 07:16 PM
Are their any other groups that this could go to? I'm thinking of Yahoo groups or similar.

Brian M
22nd April 2009, 09:04 PM
Hi frecklesmum

From what I can see the more the better,the link below is to a post for the
petition on the American Cavalier Connection board ,so we hope to loads of signatures from across the waves.:):)

http://www.cavalierboard.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=7068b04eef3b6d9235090037613d29b1

So if any members can think of any other forums ,news groups ,The Times front page ,foc of course pls copy the link and paste there also must be loads of other forums with absolutely no connection to dogs ,ie craft forums ,news forums ,car forums ,diy forums the list must go on and on and I bet on each forum there will be Cavalier Pet owners who will be ever so pleased to help ,all I want is signatures from people who have a Cavalier and the only exclusion are members of the UK CKCS Club as they have their own petition .So pls all members help yourselves and copy and post it where you think fit ,tupup developed the idea I did a bit of initial leg work but pls we now need more help from all members ,if you own a plane fly a banner behind it ,if you own a loo paper factory get the link printed on them .There are a lot of very intelligent ladies here who keep me well behaved so your assistance in spreading the word would be greatly appreciated by all and pls remember the main reason we are doing it is solely to improve the future health of our beloved dogs ,so pls pls members who haven't signed have a think and do it your Cavalier needs it now.
:jump::jump::jump::jump:

Karlin
22nd April 2009, 09:55 PM
I've put a link on the front of my sm website: www.sm.cavaliertalk.com

Brian M
22nd April 2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Karlin

Your a STAR what about the front page of THE SUN any contacts there:),there still seems to be a lot of signiicant members who i thought would sign even some that I know have affected dogs with SM ,I am highly surprised I can only think
1 They have no intrerest
2 They have signed but not decared as a post on CT
3 For some reason they disagree, which is of course allowed
4 Apathy
5 They are members on other forums and do not want to be seen supporting us.
6,7,8 Lots more my small brain cant think of

But surely signing costs nothing and if members do it can only benefit our dogs,so pls pls if you havent signed have a rethink and pls do so.:confused:

tupup
22nd April 2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Karlin thank you ever so much for putting it on your other site:D:D

Brian your talents are wasted my friend,have you thought of becoming a member of parliment?:rotfl:youre right tho with so many of us here we could come up with some cracking promotion ideas, anybody know anybody in high places?
:lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Gx

tupup
22nd April 2009, 10:59 PM
Thank you Margaret C! ive just spotted your post, that is much appreciated:D thats one of the things i like about this too, that we are all working together to achieve the same goal& there is power in numbers isnt there:)

a little idea ive just had is a simple one, i know but what if we all rung our vets & asked them pretty please to tell all their cavalier customers?

Gx

ilsamom
22nd April 2009, 11:05 PM
Ilsa signed yesterday - just didn't post.

lol

Jen and Ilsa

Aileen
23rd April 2009, 07:30 AM
I have try to signed but your box is full
---Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Jake)

frecklesmom
24th April 2009, 01:43 PM
K9 Magazine

Pet Owners: Can You Help the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?

April 24, 2009 by K9 Magazine News Editor (http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/author/k9-magazine-news-editor/)

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are a breed that need supporters. They need supporters within the breed who will do the right thing and fight for mandatory screening in the ongoing fight against the dreadful, painful, horrific disease,Syringomyelia. A petition has been set up asking pet owners to get involved in this debate. Please do take a look.
Background (Preamble):
At the recent AGM of the UK CKCS club there was an amendment presented to the committee to formally adopt the SM (Syringomyelia a chari like skull malformation that results in a lifetime of excruciating pain and even early death ) breeding guidelines into the Code Of Ethics of the UK CKCS Club, this amendment was originally passed but after an infusion of late noisy arrivals who vociferously protested against the acceptance the vote was retaken and then overturned much to the disgust of many including a large majority of the committee.
To us pure pet owning people who neither breed nor show we are appalled how a noisy few can treat the vast of the general public with such contempt, we are the majority who at the end of the day buy/rescue/adopt all these puppies that the breeders and show people produce and then consider not up to the required standard and cast aside either in good health or bad as shown in the recent BBC documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed.
We the public buying Cavalier owners consider therefore that the adoption of the SM Guidelines into the Uk CKCS breeding Code Of Ethics an essential tool against this horrible affliction that affects our dogs and therefore implore the UK CKCS Club to include it. Please all Cavalier owning people across the globe help our Cavalier Spaniels by signing our petition.
Thank You.
SIGN THE PETITION HERE (http://www.gopetition.com/online/27230.html)
A friend in the media

This is "our" petition

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/2311/pet-owners-can-you-help-the-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel/

Margaret C
24th April 2009, 02:38 PM
My Goodness. I can't believe how efficient you guys are.

You should try and get the result this petition submitted to the Bateson Review, which ends, I think on the 15th May.

I'm cheering you on from the sidelines.

Margaret C

Brian M
24th April 2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Margaret:mexwav:

And a VERY BIG HURRAY ,next the European Court Of Cavalier Rights:drivecar::drivecar::drivecar:

Thanks and Biggest Best Wishes:thnx:

tupup and brian

gandp
24th April 2009, 08:44 PM
I seem to have missed out on this debate. Brian, would you mind explaining what the SM Guidelines actually say? And why was this amendment opposed at the meeting? Surely the opposing members had some motive beyond contempt?

sins
24th April 2009, 08:58 PM
http://www.board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=29735&highlight=Code+ethics

This is a link to what you've missed GandP.
Hope this helps:smile:
Sins

Brian M
24th April 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Gandp

And another link ,pls read
Thanks

Brian and tupup

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/peter_wedderburn/blog/2009/03/27/dog_breeders_in_denial

and again

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/13-cav-health-plans

gandp
24th April 2009, 09:16 PM
Thank you.

*Pauline*
24th April 2009, 09:44 PM
Signed, thanks Brian and tupup.

Brian M
24th April 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi

And thanks Pauline you are a star and so is my Dylan:rah:cavtiny
:lotsaluv::jump::thmbsup:

Warmest Wishes
and Big Thanks
Brian
we are going to have a clean sweep ,so stuff all those nasty folk on CC who I believe are attacking us as we dare have the balls to stand up to them ,thankfully they wont be hear long cos after we have finished nobody will buy anything from that money grabbing unethical out dated batch of nobodies that will be certain ,our posts and petition will be in all the papers, radio stations, national radio, all forums you name them we will approach them power to us pet owning public ,the show mob and some indifferent breeders have bullied thier wayfor far to long .Their time is finished go now while you can.

HollyDolly
24th April 2009, 10:36 PM
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/peter_wedderburn/blog/2009/03/27/dog_breeders_in_denial

Having just re read the above link to that blog I fail to see how these people can be described as the most Succesfull Breeders in this country, succesfull at what? Breeding within the necessary guidlines, I think NOT.

Nanette

tupup
24th April 2009, 10:52 PM
Thank you thank you everyone whos signed so far:D:D:D
totally agree Brian its gona be a clean sweep& yes lets go for world wide coverage!!
i havnt seen the attacking on cc so if anyone can let me know where to find it plse can you? simply out of interest i add! having not seen it i can only think they are feeling threatened, attack being the best form of defence!

G x

*Pauline*
25th April 2009, 12:54 AM
we are going to have a clean sweep ,so stuff all those nasty folk on CC who I believe are attacking us as we dare have the balls to stand up to them ,thankfully they wont be hear long cos after we have finished nobody will buy anything from that money grabbing unethical out dated batch of nobodies that will be certain ,our posts and petition will be in all the papers, radio stations, national radio, all forums you name them we will approach them power to us pet owning public ,the show mob and some indifferent breeders have bullied thier wayfor far to long .Their time is finished go now while you can.

I'm sorry but this is not what I signed the petition for. You're assuming the CKCS club are going to ignore the petition and you are on the attack. Why not give them a chance to reply first. I'm all for supporting change, I don't support this aggressive approach.

"West of England Cavalier Club agree breeding guidelines for syringomyelia be included in its code of ethics. Details in Friday's paper."-Dog World.

Phoebe
25th April 2009, 02:41 AM
I agree entirely with Pauline. I support the need for change, however I signed the petition based on the hope that the CKCS may well be receptive to our request, not based on the assumption that they would dismiss the petition outright. I am not comfortable with an aggressive approach which may well alienate and antagonise the very people we hope to get on side.

Brian M
25th April 2009, 07:32 AM
Hello

I apologise to all members who took my comments as another attack on Cavalier breeders ,it was another expression of my rage at the attitude of some and the very nasty attacks on one of our members ,I should not have posted my feeling on the petition page it was wrong to do so,pls be assured the petition is totally free running and over which I have no control or access so pls dont let my silly comments interfere with your wise good decisions in signing this petition which is only there to help our Cavaliers

Once again I have let my heart rule my head ,it is a weakness in me but I do sincerely apologise to any person that may have taken hurt from these comments ,pls forgive me and stay united and press on with the wonderfull work and achievenents that come forth from Cavalier talk and the improved health of our dogs of which our petition is only one tool in our armorary but pls lets all be together .:)
Thank You
Brian
A very Happy member or South Wales and West Cavalier Club

Brian M
25th April 2009, 07:49 AM
Hi Pauline

Please be assured thiat we have certainly not accepted that our petition has already been dismissed by the club ,the exact opposite is true we are now contacting as many people in the media and other areas to advise them what is happening that we the pet owning public are not content to sit idly by and let our beloved dogs be virtually destroyed by so few ,so your assistance if possible would be greatly appreciated and any other members by contacting any Cavalier owners and mentioning our pettition and we hope the success together with the CKCS Club members own petition in helping to persuade the club to accept the amendment.
Thank You
Brian

sins
25th April 2009, 10:23 AM
Just to remind people again what the petition is.

Copy of Petition

TO SUPPORT THE RECOMMENDED SM BREEDING GUIDELINES INTO THE CKCS CODE OF ETHICS

We, the undersigned, being owners of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, are concerned at the decision not to formally adopt the SM breeding guidelines into the Code Of Ethics taken at the recent CKCS Club AGM 2009, and therefore support the request that the Committee re-present this proposal at the earliest opportunity

This is what I signed,simply as a pet owner who wishes to see the incidence of an undesirable medical condition reduced over the coming years,which in turn will lead to increased buyer confidence in the breed that I love very much.
It's not complicated , and upon receipt of the petition the Cavalier Club members may reject it or take it on board,which is their right and entitlement. There's nothing confrontational or sinister in a straightforward petition,it's just a request,nothing more or nothing less.
So there's no need to argue or say anything further in case the arguing detracts from the core message.Let the petition speak for itself and for those who signed it.
Sins

meljoy
25th April 2009, 06:13 PM
Well put Sins. I think we all agree its why we "all" signed it.:wggle:

frecklesmom
25th April 2009, 06:25 PM
Agreed, Sins-thank you :thmbsup:

Carol Fowler
25th April 2009, 07:04 PM
I signed today.

Carol
Glos,UK

tupup
25th April 2009, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone,
i apologise also if anyone has been upset at the tone of Brian or I's recent posts, plse understand it is only because we feel so passionatly about this(as do we all). No offence was meant to anybody.Both he & i have worked so hard on this behind the scenes, Brian more so than i, due to my being off line all day whilst out at work(thats me just in the door!) & this must have been extremely frustrating for him at times. He'd had such a productive day yesterday that maybe he got a little over enthusiastic-like a dog with a bone!!
So plse plse continue to sign the petition in all good faith,knowing we are all just doing what we can for our little ones. The last thing we want is to start any bickering, as we all dislike it on other forums. Lastly plse dont forget this petition is all of ours, Brian & i are only the bus drivers!

Tupup & Brian

Margaret C
26th April 2009, 05:15 PM
See the comments at the bottom of the article. Ryan O' Meara is not happy.

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/2311/pet-owners-can-you-help-the-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel/

Margaret C

tupup
26th April 2009, 07:11 PM
Hi Margaret,
Has he had a public apology as yet do you know?

G x

Brian M
26th April 2009, 08:36 PM
Hi

If anybody wants to sign the petition please follow the link on tupups first post of this thread and not the one that appears on the dogsmagazine cross post as that takes you to the same petition but a copy I created on the Go Petition website ,the reason I created the second was simply to try and reach a wider audience of people .We will still be able to print and forward both together but the original one on our servers is the first.:)
I believe there was a comment elsewhere referring to a pet owner signing the petition more than once as they have more than one Cavalier ,sorry but I would have thought that if one has more than one Cavalier you are entitled to sign for each as surely you would have paid for each one albeit to a breeder or rescue centre ,you would also have to feed more than one, pay more than one for vet bills ,insure more than one etc,etc and and have more than one lot of commitment and devotion to more than one and therefore fully entitled to sign more than once ,wheres Daisy gone I need your pawprint.:)

tupup
26th April 2009, 09:05 PM
Now signed by me on behalf of mum & Isaac,who arnt on the interweb - i cant believe i forgot until now-oops!

Sonia
27th April 2009, 10:30 AM
A great opportunity, as a pet owner, to show my support of having the recommended SM Breeding Guidelines added to the CKCS Code of Ethics.

I have of course signed.

Sonia

Brian M
27th April 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents

We cant all be be bored with the petition so soon this is so important the health wellbeing and future of our beloved Cavaliers pls pls sign it their must be hudreds thta havent bothered as stated earlier the Approx membership of Ct I would guess is 2500 if we get 20% we would help immensely and i am led to beleive we are in the low 70 s :( we can do better i beg those that havent pls do ,it is so important ,pls follow the link on the first page of thi thread

With Great Respect and Thanks to All
Brian m :)

Brian M
29th April 2009, 11:35 AM
Hi

Our Daisy has just put her paw print and her comments on The Peoples Cavalier Petition or T P C P for short.:)

Margaret C
30th April 2009, 08:18 AM
You are in the Dog World :thmbsup:

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/18-online-petition

Margaret C

Brian M
30th April 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi

Anymore for anymore the clock is ticking on our countdown ,ends 5.00 pm 15 th May ,we could do with loads more signatories on behaf of our beautiful dogs ,if in doubt pls sign it costs nothing only your time and will help our Cavs immensely, pls you dont need to answer all parts of the petition the only conditional part is your name and email address which is only required for verification as a pet owner if needed

Pls Pls Pls

Brian
:thnku:

tupup
1st May 2009, 10:29 AM
Good morning & happy 1st of May everyone!
weve only got until the 15th to get as many numbers on our petition as possible, i dont know how were doing but the more the better so anybody you can all think of to get to sign would be so much appreciated:)
the sun is out-yay!

sins
1st May 2009, 10:32 PM
if this is included into the code of ethics & the paperwork shown to prove it then people will be more aware of this issue.

Just saw your comment on DW Tupup and had to agree.
Sins

tupup
3rd May 2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks sins!

theres 13 days left to go for signatures:)

Karlin
3rd May 2009, 02:52 PM
Great work to you and all who have signed. :)

Spangly
3rd May 2009, 03:46 PM
I`ve been on holiday so only just seen this. Great idea! I have signed now too. Thank you to all for your hard work. Christine:thnku:

tupup
4th May 2009, 12:12 PM
Happy bank holiday!!
12 days to go..........:)

murphy's mum
4th May 2009, 03:51 PM
Have signed it, and passed the link on:smile:

kmatt
4th May 2009, 04:44 PM
I want to sign, but I'm AKC not KC what should i do?:crash:

Margaret C
4th May 2009, 04:46 PM
I decided to send a group email about your petition to the pet owners that I know, & to those who contacted me after the screening of the film 'Pedigree Dogs Exposed'

It is taking forever, going through the stored emails, I have only got to 'J', and there are 9 dogs needing attention, so I will have to continue over the next few days.

I hope it helps.

Margaret C

Brian M
4th May 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi margaret

Thats super ,many thanks .

Warmest and Bestest Wishes

Brian

PS its raining here been out 3x and each never got out the car ,me and Luke nor the girls.

PPS I have joined a doggy forum in Australia which also has a breed specific part so I am going to post the T P C P down there.:)

tupup
4th May 2009, 05:39 PM
Margaret thats brilliant thank you sooo much
Brian well done on finding new places to take our TPCP whilst i was busy being awol, you really are a star!cl*pcl*p
Raining here too

Love my Cavaliers
4th May 2009, 05:45 PM
Somehow I missed this thread also - I guess I thought it was only for UK. I have now signed 4 times for my brood, especially for Riley who has severe and advanced SM at age 6.

Brian M
4th May 2009, 06:26 PM
Hi
And many thanks to you 4x over, Loves My Cavaliers .:)

nubus
4th May 2009, 11:23 PM
just signed :l*v: hope it helps

tupup
6th May 2009, 01:16 AM
:DGood Morning Everyone
Well its the final countdown...da da da daaaa,dadadadad,da da da daaaa,dadadada da da daa da da daaa....oh im sure you get my drift lol! ive never tried to sing in type before & its way past my bedtime!!
10 days to go for signing folks, thank you to those that already have& if you havnt plse can you? every one of us together can make a difference for future furbabies
have a great day all, im away to bed:D

Shelli
6th May 2009, 12:57 PM
Havent been online much lately and only saw this now :eek:
Have signed it for my pair. Hopefully this will make a difference. Well done to all involved :flwr:

jld
6th May 2009, 11:01 PM
Done.......Oh, I so wish something could be done to prevent and cure this horrific disease.

Lisa_T
6th May 2009, 11:21 PM
Signed. Not sure if I should sign per dog or not!

Brian M
7th May 2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Lisa

We are constitutional unlike a lot of clubs ,so one Cavalier equals one vote.Power to our Cavaliers ,as well as for the future breeders to be more focused on The Health and Welfare of our beloved breed and not on their Bank balance nor the kudos of showing rosettes or CC or BOB,Cavaliers first and foremost .:thnku:

Jan Bell
7th May 2009, 02:20 PM
Brian and Tupup,

A rather belated message but well done on setting this up. I will not sign as a CKCS Club member, but I fully support your efforts in getting pet owners involved.

Well done.

annie121
8th May 2009, 10:06 PM
Just signed for Charlie and Bentley.. hope it helps!

tupup
8th May 2009, 10:56 PM
:grin: Thank you ever so much! Both to those who are signing & those who are supporting us in it, your'e all great for doing so:grin:
I sooo much hope it makes a difference too for all of our little 'uns in the future & im sure if enough of us sign it will:xfngr: & paws!

This is even invading my dreams, last night i dreamt i got a puppy & its head alone was bigger than the whole of Ruby! but hey Girls Aloud were dancing in the background!! Very weird!:lpy::lpy::lpy:

frecklesmom
9th May 2009, 01:12 PM
*bump*

tupup
10th May 2009, 12:55 PM
Hiya
including today theres only 6 days to go for our signatures(thank heavens for that some may be thinking!!;)) tho' joking aside i would still implore you to sign if you havnt already.If youre own little ones are lucky enough not to be affected by SM-thats fantastic but plse think of any little ones you might get in the future.The more of us that sign the higher the chance that we may be listened to:)
The link is on the 1st post of this thread

tupup
11th May 2009, 12:15 PM
Hiya
:):):):):) 5 days to go............

tupup
12th May 2009, 12:06 PM
Hi there
:):):):) 4 days to go.........

Sabby
12th May 2009, 12:20 PM
Will you be able to tell us at the end how many signatures you have collected?

Brian M
12th May 2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Sabby
Our, ie tupup and I, intent for the Petiton is to close it to signatures on Friday evening the 15 th May exact time to be shortly confirmed ,after closure I will receive an attachment containing the details of the signatories and the parts they completed as not all where obligatory,we will then advise M C a total number only of signatures .Margaret will then email the given number to the Secretary of the Bateson Inquiry for their information.
I shall then send the attachment to the Petitions originator ,tupup ,who will kindly have it printed and together with a covering letter two copies will then be posted to M C who will then present a copy each to The Cavalier Club Health representive and The Cavalier Club Chairperson with the intent that they take the Petition to the The Liason Meeting on the 24 th May.

So after the above has finished I see no reason why numbers of people who signed cannot be advised to CT members ,but my cooments are subject to alteration upon futher advice from members.

I also see that there is a bit of concern raised by members of another Cavalier forum as to why part of our Petition included questions ,not obligatory of course ,about the name ,cost and comments or experiances of petitioners Cavaliers ,I see no reason why said people should be so concerned unless of course they have something to hide.

Kindest Wishes

tupup and brian

Sabby
12th May 2009, 02:50 PM
Hi Brian
Like you said it was optional for people to fill in the Questions. And the people with something to hide wonít sign the petition anyway and letís face it these wonít be just the ordinary pet owners. How do you know what goes on at another Cavvi Forum? Thought you been banned everywhere?icon_nwunsure Just kidding.

tupup
12th May 2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Sabby,
MMMmm.....himself might be but im not-as yet!!:rolleyes:

Im hoping that as soon as numbers are confirmed on frid eve Brian can post numbers for everyone(that ok with you Brian?) as i will be busy printing away :xfngr:

Brian M
12th May 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Ladies

I now only do as I am told:( ,otherwise i could be homeless:(

Your Trusted Servant:)

Sabby
12th May 2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Ladies

I now only do as I am told:( ,otherwise i could be homeless:(

Your Trusted Servant:)

Poor Brian :rotfl:

Be interesting to see how many signatures you got.

Brian M
12th May 2009, 10:25 PM
HI Sabby
Do you want to bet on the number ,remember theres the P on CT and the same P on Go Petition ,go on give us a figure ,but the proviso is only those we have signed our P can vote and if a person has 6 cavs he can only sign once to make it fair for all and i am sure we can find a prize of some sort .

So if you have voted give us a number into our free draw

Tks

brian

PS

pls see NEW THREAD

tupup
13th May 2009, 10:15 AM
Lol the prize could have been the big bag of brand new toys i bought for rubes that she never touched but i recently gave them to a friends 3 dogs!!

:):):) 3 days to go.......

Cathy Moon
13th May 2009, 12:39 PM
Signed! :)

Just double checking - I signed from this link: http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/2311/pet-owners-can-you-help-the-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel/

Is it the same petition?

Brian M
13th May 2009, 12:56 PM
Cath

Sorry I am jumping from thread to thread so if you signed it pls have a guess and pick a number .
Thanks

brian:)

shippers
13th May 2009, 02:40 PM
Signed :thmbsup:

merlinsmum
13th May 2009, 07:53 PM
Have posted on my facebook wall and asked all my cavalier friends to sign :)

tupup
13th May 2009, 09:17 PM
Thats fantastic Merlinsmum thank you, now we're into the countdown stage ive no nails left!!

tupup
14th May 2009, 12:23 AM
Hi there,
We will be closing the petition at 9pm friday night,then Brian will post the numbers from here & go petition site combined as soon as ive counted numbers& passed on the exact figure.
Tupup & Brian

tupup
14th May 2009, 09:36 AM
Morning all,
:):) 2 days left to sign........

Brian M
15th May 2009, 10:05 AM
Hi

Todays the last day if you havent signed pls do so as you cant after 9.00 pm tonight so NO REGRETS ,HELP YOUR PETS .:)

tupup
15th May 2009, 06:01 PM
Roll up! Roll up! sign your petition here!!
3 hours to go for any undecided persons-form an orderly queue ladies & gents,going once......!

tupup
15th May 2009, 07:58 PM
Going twice!! 1 hour remaining-last chance saloon!:)

*Pauline*
15th May 2009, 08:18 PM
Antonia just signed.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3389832558_5ce2e7bf43.jpg

tupup
15th May 2009, 08:37 PM
YAY!! lovely pic there cant be anything comfier to snuggle than a wee cavalier!:biggrin:

Brian M
15th May 2009, 08:41 PM
Hi

Luke is pleased to say thathttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3273/2951926869_d05958a2e5.jpg?v=0t

he and Rosie have just signed ,and excuse his hat as it was windy and rainy.:)

*Pauline*
15th May 2009, 08:51 PM
Ash just signed.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/2786876507_355796d0be.jpg

tupup
15th May 2009, 09:20 PM
Now officially closed-gone done finished! Back after the countings done by Brians crack team:biggrin:

Brian M
15th May 2009, 09:21 PM
Hi

The petitions are now closed ,the two being the link to ours on here and the one we had running on the Go Petition Website ,as soon as I receive the attachment from our IT people I will post only the number of people who have signed with an indication of how many Cavaliers they represent.
tupup and I wish to express our sincere thanks to all who have taken part and signed and all who have viewed and gained hopefully a bit better insight of the help our beautiful breed of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels need to defeat these horrible afflictions that so affect our wonderful little dogs who give so much and ask so little ,we both hope that our little petitions and protests on places like Dog World have attracted some publicity for our cause which may benefit in some small way the future Health and Welfare of our pets .

Thanks and God Bless All

tupup and brianm:)

*Pauline*
15th May 2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you everyone especially tupup and Brian :jump:

Brian M
15th May 2009, 10:02 PM
Hi

The final number of people who signed was 193 and they represented 240 Cavaliers ,thanks to all who signed ,viewed and helped its been a long windy and frustrating road ,tupup will now advise MC and then forward two officail copies of the lists to her

Thank you
brianm

Margaret C
16th May 2009, 06:04 PM
Well done to all of you, and thank you.

Margaret C