• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

oliver is sick

My friends pup Oliver is not feeling well, as the situation stands he has been to the vet. the vet gave him fluids and round of de-worming meds. the pups is lethargic, vomited multiple times since last night, and bloody poo. any ideas what might be up with Oliver?

The vet would know best -- what did they say? A serious worm load could cause those problems or gastroenteritis (which can be very serious) but so could something severe like parvo. Was the pup from a reputable breeder and does it have initial vaccines and is this absolutely certain? If the puppy remains lethargic I would get him to the vet immediately. Survival can be dependent on how fast the pup gets correct treatment. If he saw the vet yesterday and vomited and had bloody poo since then I'd definitely be on to the emergency vet if the regular vet is closed.

Oliver is about 8 months old now and he is up to date on his shots, he came from a good breeder and this is his first major issue.

when vomiting and bloody poo happened to Pixie, she needed antibiotics for colitis. Bandit has had two bouts of colitis (thankfully a while back and not recently) and he also was put on antibiotics. It could be that is what this pup needs. Hopefully it is nothing like Parvo if he's up to date like you believe he is on shots.

Back