• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For those that use Couplers...

chloe92us

I've just ordered a new coupler and leash from Ruff Wear (check out their site, nice stuff) and am wondering, if I put Ollie and Winston on a coupler with their front-clip walking harnesses, will they not just jerk each other around? Will this be successful? I'm committed to walking them more regularly, but it is not very enjoyable as it is now so I'm hoping this combination of devices will work.

Right now I am using a hands free belt (that I made) that allows me to attach 3 leads to the belt, and am using regular harnesses most of the time. Ollie does have the Easy Walk by Gentle Leader but he's not really the problem. It's Winston. I've just ordered one for him as well. He's a major puller and when we all go out together, those two drive me nuts!

Just noticed this post got buried and was never answered. I think it is easier to walk multiple dogs on couplers and front clip harnesses. Mine don;t jerk each other around -- they pull far less than on regular harnesses.

I love my Larz walking gear for multiple dogs and recently got their hands-free belt and love it -- I put the girls on the belt when at the park. Realistically I think it would be very hard to walk four on their multiple dog lead, as you do need to do some detangling. I often walk three on the lead and then Lucy separately on a lead as she's the slowpoke.

http://www.larzpetgear.com/

Thanks for answering Karlin.

I made myself a hands-free belt with three D-rings that I have clips attached to so any leash can then attach. Will post a pic later. I searched and searched for a hands-free belt that did everything I wanted it to (which really was just a place to attach 2-3 leashes to!) and they were all so complicated, and you had to buy the matching lead, etc etc so I just made my own.

I just received my new coupler, and I had to order Winn's front clip harness, so we'll see how everything works when it is delivered.

Back