PDA

View Full Version : Good News Bella has got her Gold Award

team bella
29th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Bella has finally achieved her Good Citizen Gold award. :pi*no:
It's taken quite some time to get there and I often thought it was an award too far. I even changed dog school because the trainer seemed to think she'd never get there, and was always the class clown, but she's done it now. I'm glad I stuck with it even though some of the exercises were a little challenging for her, particularly the stop the dog in an emergency. Bella just would not stop and just wanted to run straight over to me, and kiss me. :lotsaluv: Whilst I normally love cavi kisses, the months spent trying to perfect this exercise were painful. :bang: One day, just out the blue she just did it !!! you could have knocked me down with a feather. lots of kisses that day. Now she stops no problem. I'm so proud of her. I think she knows she's the gold princess as she now has a very proud look about her.

Aileen
29th April 2009, 09:48 PM
:w*w::mexwav::w*w:
So pleased
---Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

brotymo
29th April 2009, 10:07 PM
congratulations to you both!

Mindysmom
29th April 2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats!

Nicki
29th April 2009, 10:46 PM
WOW many congratulations - there's a lot of work to get that award so you should be very proud of yourself and of Bella :thmbsup:

STOP is one thing we should all teach our dogs - it could actually save their lives one day...

Jasperxxgabby
29th April 2009, 11:37 PM
Well done to Bella, and a huge well done to you, Congratulations.
:mexwav:

frecklesmom
29th April 2009, 11:50 PM
Congratulations to you both for job well done :jmp2::jmp2:

jld
29th April 2009, 11:51 PM
Wow, that is huge. Congratulations to both of you.:pi*no:Judy and Dixie

ClevelandCavs
30th April 2009, 01:40 AM
:jump: Congrats to you both! :jump:

jasperpaw
30th April 2009, 06:34 AM
Congratulations to you both.:)

Sandrac
30th April 2009, 11:48 AM
Congratulations to you and Bella. :*nana:
I am currently working towards the Gold with Minnie know how difficult it is. Minnie does a super emergency stop then creeps towards me on her tummy.:p

team bella
30th April 2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad I stuck with it. :thnku:
We can both retire now.:slp:

merlinsmum
30th April 2009, 09:00 PM
well done - its hard work - Merlin has passed his , but its that emergency stop that is causing Oakley to fail his everytime - he just wants to get to me!

MadPip
2nd May 2009, 11:46 AM
:w*w:cl*pcl*pcl*pWell done to both you and Bella. It goes to show we should never give up!

Both Maddie and Pippin have got their gold as well - but I haven't because OH did it with them. Maddie's problem was the relaxed isolation - but she suddenly clicked with that the week before the test. Pippin had to repeat his out of sight down stay on the night - there was also a puppy class going on and he just wanted to go and meet all the puppies to play!:D OH was actually asked not to leave him so he wouldn't distract the other dogs.:jump: One other dog, Daisy, also broke the stay (popped up into a sit when her owner re-appeared!) so Daisy and Pippin repeated it at the end, and both were as good as gold (pardon the pun ;))

The training school we go to has Trained Dog awards that follow on from the good citizen, and Maddie has passed part 1 (Again with OH) . The emergency stop there is an emergency down when they're running away from you towards a toy that you've thrown. That took some work. Maddie kept stopping, turning round and running back to OH. :jump: Bless.:lotsaluv: