• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our precious girl is leaving us tomorrow.

Claire L

I feel like I am giving my child away and it hurts like hell. I have tried and tried to get past what happened to us in January and I just can't do it. The few times that Cara came out with us for a walk, I carried a big stick and Pet Corrector spray but as soon as I saw another dog approaching us, I froze. The feeling of total terror and panic combined with an overwhelming feeling of helplessness is a wall that I am unable to surmount.

Cara misses her pal. Minnie adored her and taught her how to run on the beach and chase Squirrels in the park. Minnie groomed Cara before every outing and Cara even let Minnie push her out of the way to lick her food bowl. They enjoyed each other's company and now Cara seems lost without her sidekick. It would be so easy to just keep Cara indoors and forget about walks and such but it would be wrong and selfish. She deserves to be with another Cavalier and to once again enjoy playing and walking and running free.

Tara (TKC) has very kindly agreed to take Cara and assess her needs and hopefully find her a home with another Cavalier. I know that Tara will find her the most perfect home.

As for me; I shall have to live with the pain of loosing my precious girl but I have to believe that it is what is best for Cara that is most important.
I so hope that whoever adopts Cara, will perhaps keep in touch with us and let us know how she is.

Please think of us tomorrow and wish my little girl a happy ending.

Claire

I am so sorry that it has come to this:hug:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

Last edited:
Oh Claire....I am so so sorry it has come to this. I know how hard this has been on you and completely understand your need to put Cara's quality of life before your own feelings. You know Tara will find her a great home. And then you need to just work on yourself, making yourself comfortable again. I'm so sorry Claire, my heart is breaking for you.

Claire - I am so sorry this has to happen. It was so obvious from your posts in January how devastated you were at the loss of Minnie. It really is a selfless thing you are doing putting Cara's needs before your own.
I know it will be very hard for you, mind yourself x x

I am so sorry Claire that you are going through this, you are a very brave woman x

This decision must have taken very long time to come to, and I know how difficult it is for you. I wish you and Cara all the best tomorrow and onwards. :hug:

Claire - I am so sorry that you have had to make this decision. It must have been so difficult for you, but you are doing the right thing by Cara. Take care of yourself and do keep in touch with us. :hug::hug:

well done for putting the dogs needs before your own feelings and im sure you wont regret your decision you are such a selfless person, i hope you can keep in touch with her though, di

Claire, you are very brave to do this. I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering how you were. I am sure you have thought this out carefully, but I know that doesn't make it easy.
Having rehomed a dog before myself to give him a better suited home, I know how difficult that can be. I had to struggle with feelings that I'd failed him, or was taking the easy way out. In reality, I was wanting him to have what I knew would make him happiest. I do keep in touch with the family of Odin (my vizsla that I rehomed) since I worked with Vizsla rescue to place him and instead of him spending time in foster, he just stayed here with me. It took almost a year to find him the right forever home, but it has worked out wonderfully for him and that makes me happy.

Even your heart is breaking you must be a very strong person inside to be so selfless and think of little Cara first. I am crying just sitting here and reading this.
My thoughts are with you and Cara and I am sure she will find a lovely home.
Lots of :hug::hug:hugs to you and Care.

I'm sorry you've had to make this decision, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you :(

How terribly heartbreaking for you- you must indeed be a strong& selfless person Claire & i will be thinking about you tomorrow
:hug::hug:to you & Cara, take care

You have so obviously thought this through very carefully and made the best decision you can for Cara.
You have my admiration & my sympathy.

I hope that one day you will feel able to have another dog to love.

My very best wishes to you,

Margaret C

We're thinking of you, this must've been an awfully difficult desicion to make:hug: :hug:

I cant imagine how hard it was to make that decision Claire, but you are very brave to put Cara first like this. I have absolutely no doubt that Tara will find her the best home, and she couldnt have had a better start than with you and Minnie.
Thinking of you today xxx:hug:

You're a very brave person Claire to make this decision for Cara. I bet it has been very difficult over the last few months but you are doing the best thing for Cara. Take care

Back