• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rex just went to the groomers for the 1st time..

luvhavinbgtwins

I have never taken a dog to a goomer..we had a free coupon for a bath and brush...so I went we got him back he smelled so darn good I could eat him all up....they trimmed his paw/toe hair he boy parts, clipped nails and cleaned ears..I had no idea that did all that when you take them...mmmmmmmm he smells so darn good...

What does everyone use to keep them smelling good..I did see one shampoo some use but its expensive...what do you do inbetween for bath wipes, sprays and do they work?????

Thanks

:snap:please of Rex after his first bath. I bet he smells gorgeous. It's always worth taking young pups to the groomers then they get used to going from a young age. I use Groomers evening primrose oil shampoo and conditioners which i find great. I'm not sure if they are available in the US though.

Well he did smell good...I put him to bed later last night cuz I knew where going to try and sleep in just an hour so I thought it would be the same....he could hold it...well nope I woke up to a big pee mess.....I am so sad now..so 6:30am I was giving my pup a bath now he doesnt smell that good cuz all I had was baby shampoo yes that smells good on kids but dogs it doesnt last....I am soooo sad now... :(

Belle had her first trip to the groomers a few weeks ago and she came out smelling lovely. My OH said she smelled like a handbag :confused: Em...... I think that was supposed to the a compliment!
Glad you were happy with Rex's first groom :p

Well he did smell good...I put him to bed later last night cuz I knew where going to try and sleep in just an hour so I thought it would be the same....he could hold it...well nope I woke up to a big pee mess.....I am so sad now..so 6:30am I was giving my pup a bath now he doesnt smell that good cuz all I had was baby shampoo yes that smells good on kids but dogs it doesnt last....I am soooo sad now... :(

What time are you taking up Rex's water? because he shouldn't be having accidents all night if you take his water up at a good time. Anna's goes up around 10 and we fall asleep around midnight one oclock. Typically OH takes her out around one and then she is good till around 7

My OH said she smelled like a handbag :confused: Em...... I think that was supposed to the a compliment!

:rotfl:

My OH does this all the times - picks the most random things to compare other things to... e.g. he once told my my perfume smelled like tea. or that a particular wine tastes like Calpol (childrens painkiller). I don't know where they get these thoughts from!

I pick up his water at 6ish cuz my kids and husband go to bed at 8pm I go around 10 and then let him out...he holds it till 4am when my hubby lets him out to go to work.

He was in there the same amout of time but still did, well we went out today for a few hours and he wet in his bed again and we where not got that long 3 hours...I hope going to the groomer didnt set him back..

Do you think so.... I know that amount of time is long but he has been doing it every night now..and we switch it up just an hour he went down an hour later and got up an hour later still the same and he went..
and w/him going in the crate while we where gone... I have no idea..

I am putting the box in there tonight to seperate....plus we have a plastic like taxi crate from walmart...Yuck for some reason it stinks like crazy now like urine....I cant seem to get the smell out completely again... I Have no idea....Help please.....its been a mess since yesterday...or should I say this morning..I really hope it wasnt cuz of the groomers...

I pick up his water at 6ish cuz my kids and husband go to bed at 8pm I go around 10 and then let him out...he holds it till 4am when my hubby lets him out to go to work.

He was in there the same amout of time but still did, well we went out today for a few hours and he wet in his bed again and we where not got that long 3 hours...I hope going to the groomer didnt set him back..

Do you think so.... I know that amount of time is long but he has been doing it every night now..and we switch it up just an hour he went down an hour later and got up an hour later still the same and he went..
and w/him going in the crate while we where gone... I have no idea..

I am putting the box in there tonight to seperate....plus we have a plastic like taxi crate from walmart...Yuck for some reason it stinks like crazy now like urine....I cant seem to get the smell out completely again... I Have no idea....Help please.....its been a mess since yesterday...or should I say this morning..I really hope it wasnt cuz of the groomers...

I'd use the pet taxi if it is smaller, yet big enough. Clean it with a bleach solution and then wash it...let it dry in the sun. Wash all the bedding with an enzyme cleaner to get out the urine smell. I'd make him potty before you put him in the crate even if it takes 20 minutes, then set a clock and take him out every couple of hours. Praise him like crazy and give treats when he goes for you outside. Be patient. Bandit went thru a phase where he pottied in his crate for a couple of weeks. I didn't even realize it a few times until I went to wash the bedding and saw the dried yellow spot. He outgrew the phase though and I was vigilant about taking him out. I never found taking up the water made a hill of beans difference.

I'd use the pet taxi if it is smaller, yet big enough. Clean it with a bleach solution and then wash it...let it dry in the sun. Wash all the bedding with an enzyme cleaner to get out the urine smell. I'd make him potty before you put him in the crate even if it takes 20 minutes, then set a clock and take him out every couple of hours. Praise him like crazy and give treats when he goes for you outside. Be patient. Bandit went thru a phase where he pottied in his crate for a couple of weeks. I didn't even realize it a few times until I went to wash the bedding and saw the dried yellow spot. He outgrew the phase though and I was vigilant about taking him out. I never found taking up the water made a hill of beans difference.

The only thing I notice is that once I've taken the water up Anna will go 2x before she is out of peepee.:xctly:

Back