• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

India's knees are fine

Cathy Moon

I took India to the orthopedic surgeon today, and he said her knees are perfect! :*nana: He took x-rays of her knees and hips, and they show no problems. In fact, he had repaired a luxating patella on her right knee four years ago (it was injured) and he said that he wouldn't have even known she had previous surgery if he hadn't performed the operation himself!

Last winter she was running full force in the snow, she jumped onto our icy deck, slid and slammed both knees on the wood step. When she had her dental in February, the regular vet checked her knees for me and said she was grade 2 patella luxation in one knee and grade 3 in the other. I've delayed making her an appointment with the orthopedist until I felt I could properly care for her (now the good weather has returned) and also because she has been doing very well, no limping, and she's been playing (rough-housing) with Geordie.

So we finally went this morning, and her surgeon said he couldn't find anything wrong with her. He sort of implied that he might have told me that in February, so from now on if she injures herself I'm going to bring her straight in to see him first! (y)

Firgive my confusion, but does she still have the patella luxations, or were they incorrectly diagnosed in the first place? Our vet just told me Indy has minor patella luxations (she didn't specify a grade) and we started her on glucosamine, I'm wondering by your post if it's possible for them to get better? Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion, and congrats on the clean bill of health!

Back