• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rain?

kmatt

What do you guys do to help your furbabies go outside when it is raining? Anna WILL NOT go outside if it is raining. She hates the rain on her.

She is only tiny yet and accidents are going to be very common -- not something to get overly upset by.

Most dogs don't care to be out when it is wet. It is useful to find a dry outdoor area to continue housetraining. And yes: bring an umbrella. It will be months yet before she is housetrained so this will be a recurrent issue.

Rex is the same way, I followed w/an umbrella but I think he was more scared of that than the rain,..so now we both just get soaked and just end up saying "go outside" tons of times and making sure he just cant get by me to try and get inside he finally goes and we both run in.....
My last dog was not a Cav but he never ever liked the rain and snow...

My babe HATES rain too but basically, the deal is if I get wet, she gets wet. And I never think to carry an umbrella outside with me. So we're usually both soaked when we come back inside. The good part is she goes immediately. The bad part is she's far less cute when she's wet. She looks like a little wet rat.

Storms/rain doesn't usually increase her accidents in the house (she averages like one per month or so as I don't think any inside-only dog will ever be completely potty trained) though, it's just like icing on a crappy day.

I put a potty pad right inside the door leading from our garage to back yard / patio. This sounds ridiculous, but when it's raining Holly uses the potty pad after I open the door -- so basically she's standing inside the garage, looking at the rain, but not getting wet. I kind of stumbled upon this by accident when she was a young puppy. I noticed that once she pottied on the garage floor right by the door going out (as I was getting my umbrella ready to go out with her). So I put a pad there and it's worked ever since.

Neither of mine want to go out when it rains, so like Tara I use potty pads, but put them on the covered back deck. Bandit won't use them, and just pees and poops out there (and I go behind him with bleach water), but Lizzie will potty in the house if I don't sit out there with her and the potty pads. If I take her out there and tell her to potty, she will use them.

Are you guys in Arkansas getting completely drowned like we are in North Georgia? I am so worried the two dead trees in my back yard (from last years drought!) are going to just fall over. I plan to have them taken out in the next month, but lots of dead trees are falling over due to the completely saturated ground. Problem is, both trees are situated where they will do damage if they fall. One of them will either land on the fence or my shed, and the other has only one good direction to fall (and it isn't leaning the right way to fall there). It will either hit the above ground pool, the shed or the fence if it doesn't. I am just hoping we avoid wind!

Last edited:
Yoko acts like her feet are going to melt if she steps off our covered porch on to the wet rocks which are our yard....(we don't have grass here in the desert at my home! I thought it was just her!! LOL

Neither of my guys like the rain - although Max dislikes the wind more but they will go out if I go with them.

Luckily, Sasha doesn't seem to mind the rain at all! If it's pouring, however, she will "do her business" very quickly. A light rain... she seems oblivious.

Well its been raining Dogs and more dogs here, i think we've had at least a 12in this week.:w*w:

I figured out a technique that seems to work. I just have to walk her ALL THE WAY out into the yard so that no matter what she is stuck getting a little wet. Only problem is it means two things for me, Being soaked and dealing with the Zoomies!:sl*p:

My dogs hate the rain....evan if you put the leashes on and open the front door they about turn and head for bed.:cool:

When potty training my pup who is now 11mths i enticed her into the potty area of the garden using treats,a leash on and a big,big golf umbrella!It stopped both of us getting wet, meant i didnt have to lift her down to the potty area and she got a treat and praise for doing her business!

I have to say i dnt understand really....my 3 yr old Lucie LOVES water and swimming but HATES the rain and going for a walk in it!:confused:

hahaha! hafta love the zoomies!

you know what little icon_devil's they turn into when their eyes turn red with envy and their engines begin to rumble before the zoom off down the hall for that lovely piece of clean carpet than needs to be cleaned again.

Back