• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ok Rex starting Humping....at 4 months

luvhavinbgtwins

Ok I thought they didnt do this till they where older...the vet told me to get him fixed between 5 -7 months before this happened.....

Is this early??? I am not to worried about it...but I just thought it was odd he is so young or is it????

My hubby was playing w/him on the floor and he started doing this to his arm. :lol: I thought it was funny for the moment....

I don't think he's humping for... pleasure necessarily. My other dog used to hump when he was really little. He humped stuffed animals and things. And my current dog humps my roommates dog and she's a female. He's probably just playing, but I would be weirded out of my dogs ever humped my leg, heh.

My female cavalier humps my other roommate's male cat.

At his age it isn't a sex thing. Bandit did this when he got excited starting at 10 weeks old. I always just redirected his attention by throwing or squeaking a toy. I never fussed at him. He outgrew the humping pretty quick. He did retain the desire to hump this one particular stuffed animal that my kids have nicknamed "humping dog". He will "get in the mood" and go drag it off to his bed for some "special time". Now that Lizzie is in heat, the poor stuffed animal has been the object of his overwhelming desire. I haven't really tried to stop him since I can only imagine how frustrating all this with Lizzie must be for him. He isn't trying to hump anything but the stuffed animal (and of course, her if he was allowed!) so I don't see it as a problem.

Back